I just purchased a Tour last week . I am a first time BB user, so this is all new to me. I set the texts to ring a certain ring tone for SMS, PIN but the PIN messages are ringing at the wrong tune. I can't seem to fix this problem. I have tried everything. I am ready to bring the phone back. The SMS messages ring to the tune I set (a BB tune preset into the phone) I set the BB PIN to the same tune but am getting a quick "blip" sound when someone on my BB contacts lists (those I have PIN numbers of) texts me. Any recommendations.? I took out the battery and tried that. What else can I do, short of bringing the phone back to VZW.?
    10-17-09 09:24 PM
    a pin message is different than blackberry messenger. the profile options for blackberry messenger is in the "IM" section of the profile editor.
    10-17-09 09:31 PM
    OK now I'm even more confused. Where do I find the profile editor, and how do I set a ring tune for the messenger, or can I? Sorry for the dumb questions, this is all foreign to me!
    10-17-09 09:37 PM
    oh, no problem. its where you change all the sounds.. the profile icon. you set the tones for messenger in the "instant message" section. its a couple steps below the "phone" section once you hit the profile icon and hit "set ringtones/alerts".
    10-17-09 09:40 PM
    OK so I can't see an "instant message" section, and is the profile icon the "save" button next to the track ball? There is no "phone" section under ringtones/alerts. Why am I so clueless to this is beyond me!
    10-17-09 09:45 PM
    the profile icon is the icon on your home screen (probably) that looks like a speaker almost. click on that, and then click on "set ringtones/alerts" then you will see a list.. the top of the list says "phone" and a couple lines down says "instant messages". click on instant messages and then click on "blackberry messenger new message" and then you can change everything in there.
    10-17-09 09:53 PM
    omg thank YOU so much!!!! It worked!!!!! Hallelujah! Thanks so much!!!! You are a life saver!!!!
    10-17-09 09:57 PM
    good. so, each of the profiles you use(normal, loud, medium) you have to set each profile up how you like it. thats where you set all the ringtones and alerts for all of your notifications(email, texts, etc.). hit the profile button and change the profile, then hit the profile button again and select "set ringtones/alerts" and then change it how you want it.
    10-17-09 10:04 PM
    How did you get so smart LOL!!!!
    10-17-09 10:12 PM
    Ok, how about setting an alert for a new bb message for certain contacts?
    I like the alert I have for 99.9% of my contacts but for that .1% I need a different alert, just like I do for texts and calls.
    10-18-09 03:55 AM
    Ugh see I missd a messag 30 min ago cause the sound I have on BBM isn't abbrasive and didn't wake me up for that .1% I needed it to be different on.
    Before on my curve I could create a new profile for 1 conact and then create a profile exception so everything I got from that contact, email, BBM, sms, mms, phone calls, everything I could set a different alert for, or one alert on all of those that is more abbrasive then the rest of my normal alerts.
    So far I have only figured out how to change the phone and mssages alerts in my address book/per contact. And BBM isn't using the alert sound I set for this conact, only their sms/mms messages are using that alert sound. And I really prefer using BBM.
    lol help!
    10-18-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD