04-01-11 09:57 AM
35 12
tools
    I'm very tired now...so I'll keep this short

This is one example of many.......

QNX as an os for RIM with out question or debate has granted RIM in mobile communication/computing a position with no peer or rival. An AUTONOMY in regards to having 100% acsess to every sector of every industry....without limitation of market penetration

QNX is so advanced and carries so many certifications that it's competitors would require a min 5 years to obtain the industry clearance it currently has....realisticaly longer......and to put that in perspective, they couldn't catch up....QNX it self hold many patents that will put limitations on the competition in those regards itself.

As far as industry in general is concerned...ios/windows/android do not presently or in this upcoming decade have 100% penetration to every industry sector...

This one reason opens RIM to be a platform that supports like I've mentioned in other posts "UNIVERSAL REACH"

This is an aspect current analysts and jounalists that carry a negative sentiment fail to realize......

Now something to note.... once you get away from the negative sentiment.....those in industry that are prominent and in positions of leadership and authority are aware of this....this was one example I have of universal reach......To phathom the gravity of RIM as it is anchoring itself as industry leader as it is repositioning it self in the market going forward is very hard to comprhend....based on the nature of the magnitude of strategic manuveurs they currently have underway!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok that's more than an example than a definition, but I think I can derive your definition from it. Unfortunately just because something has approvals and can do a lot of things does not mean that it will make it into everywhere or anywhere. QNX will still continue to do great in Cisco routers, control systems, BMW infotainment, etc., but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that the Tablet OS and future Phone OS, which is a GUI running on top of QNX, will be successful. It has huge potential to be, but in the end it will come down to how RIM executes the implementation, how well it is received by the market, and if RIM can get enough market share to make developers want to develop for it. History is riddled with events where the "best" was not what outlasted the competition and became the defacto standard. I'm all for RIM pulling it off and want them to succeed, but they need to start executing because every day those OS's that are "inferior" to the Tablet OS, iOS and Android, are gaining more and more market share/mind share, and are available on phones and tablets now, not a year from now.
    03-30-11 09:39 AM
    Unfortunately just because something has approvals and can do a lot of things does not mean that it will make it into everywhere or anywhere.
    I agree. But here's the thing. What's Rims perspective on successes? There's $60 million worth of loss being throwed around here. I have a problem with that number. I assume that number comes from money spent on other devices other than Rim's. So how out of that $60 million was people that was happy with the blackberrys they had but just wanted something new? How much of that $60 million was people that got their 1st smart phone and decided to go with the new kids on the block? People are faulting blackberry's marketing thus far. I don't fault them cause busness has been their bread and butter all these yrs. They have always been busness devices and will prolly always will. Incant see the futur so I really can't tell. Android jumped on the app wagon that apple started. They advertise as app phones. Notice they don't say 500,000 useful apps. Kinda wonder how many of them apps are actually about something? So when the numbers get adjusted to what's actually the trust how much of the money is loss from Rim? I won't pretend to know the futur but I believe Rim isn't going any where and they will keep a hold on the busness world. Nobody can do it like them yet. This is just my opinion.
    I'm sorry $60 billion
    Last edited by 13echo4; 03-30-11 at 02:15 PM.
    03-30-11 01:59 PM
    You made the "universal reach" statement multiple times in multiple posts. Will you please lay out your definition of "universal reach"?
    Her is my str8 up definition-

An AUTONOMY which allows 100% market penetration without compromise....

This will become a topic of a really good thread..!!!!!

03-30-11 02:16 PM
    LOL!!!! Sorry, I'm arguing with Google sync.

What I was trying to say was that I don't agree with the premise of the article. RIM is not on a slow decline to irrelevancy. They will continue to hold their core.

My reference to the Torch / Atrix is due to the fact that I just bought an Atrix and was expecting for the skies to open and for choirs to sing and rain gold dust on my hair. No such thing. Very nice device which is faster and zippier than what BB currently offers. Beautiful display. But I don't see RIM as being sooooooo far behind.

It ain't replacin' none of my BBerries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have to agree. Even the older blackberries do most of the stuff androids and apples do. I have an older Curve right now.(8530) I have to say I am enjoying it much more than the android i had for a week and Im on Metropcs right now.(awaiting for newer blackberries to come to tmo or verizon)

Yeah it may not do everything as well as the newer phones, but it works well and is very dependable. Sticking with Blackberry from now on.
    03-30-11 02:53 PM
    ... dumb imo.
    Maybe some people do, but I do NOT want an app for something that can just as easily be done on a web browser. So really, once RIM gets themselves a really nice web browser, many apps will be unnecessary.
    Example: Ebay app. If I can actually use ebay, why have an app? Same goes for Amazon, Newegg, and tons of others.
    03-31-11 11:51 PM
    I'm thinking that maybe going for a certain demographic may help them more. It seems businesses love their BBs. Go with that and make the best all around business phone/device you can.

Or not.
    04-01-11 12:51 AM
    RIM will never be cutting edge. You either like what they offer, complain or move on.

With other phone makers introducing new hardware at a blinding pace, RIM will only fall further behind. I use RIM for their email services but lust for what they others offer. By the time they get the new hardware out it will be sadly dated. I was bored with my 9780 months before RIM introduced it! LOL!
    04-01-11 05:46 AM
    ... dumb imo.
    Maybe some people do, but I do NOT want an app for something that can just as easily be done on a web browser. So really, once RIM gets themselves a really nice web browser, many apps will be unnecessary.
    Example: Ebay app. If I can actually use ebay, why have an app? Same goes for Amazon, Newegg, and tons of others.
    ebay app has notifications.
    04-01-11 05:57 AM
    i just hope that these "superphones" in 2012 (QNX) will be smth completely "new" with a lot of surprises, would be great
    Last edited by Seijuro; 04-01-11 at 09:40 AM.
    04-01-11 09:37 AM
    I'm not saying your wrong. Just will you explain how its faster. Give some depth to your answer. I want to understand what your experancing.

Sure---screen transitions, downloads, browsing just zips. The whole of the device just gives a feel of raw power. In everything EXCEPT email. I know other don't have a problem, but I cannot get my mail to push. It will pull every five minutes or if I manually retrieve.
    I had some awesome people try to help but so far it's the same. I'm sure it's me, but setting up push email should not be such a pain nor should it require getting additional apps.
    So I have both, my BB and my Atrix.
    04-01-11 09:57 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD