06-10-11 05:49 PM
30 12
tools
    Other than the fact my wife was wanting us to get BB's, one of the big draws for me was BBM. Without that, I'm not sure the bright screen and good sound quality would have been enough to get me to buy the Storms, given how wonky they were (the original storms). Now, I'm just "hanging out", waiting for a bright screen Android, 4G with good sound quality. So far, the 3 verizon offerings haven't got those qualities. It's just a matter of time...
    I agree. I remember years ago when I got a blackberry and then convinced my friends to get them. It was a selling point I used to get them to get one. After going through exchanging PINs and chatting on BBM hard for like 2 weeks, no one cared anymore. And now I have 2 friends on Blackberries. The rest are Android and iPhone. There's nothing that Blackberry can offer in it's current state that would get me used one full time. And I agree about VZW's Android lineup. It just sickens me sometimes how Verizon, arguably the best carrier gets the devices that aren't as good or always have something seriously wrong with them. Carriers like TMO and Sprint always get the flagship Android device.
    06-08-11 09:34 AM
    I agree. I remember years ago when I got a blackberry and then convinced my friends to get them. It was a selling point I used to get them to get one. After going through exchanging PINs and chatting on BBM hard for like 2 weeks, no one cared anymore. And now I have 2 friends on Blackberries. The rest are Android and iPhone. There's nothing that Blackberry can offer in it's current state that would get me used one full time. And I agree about VZW's Android lineup. It just sickens me sometimes how Verizon, arguably the best carrier gets the devices that aren't as good or always have something seriously wrong with them. Carriers like TMO and Sprint always get the flagship Android device.
    The only family member that has a BB is my wife. Everyone else either has an Android or (gasp) a dumb phone. I've had to maintain a messaging plan so that I can converse with anyone besides the wife. Thank you, verizon for nickel and diming me for messaging, on top of the $30/month for other data.
    06-08-11 09:46 AM
    I tend to agree that I see Google Talk taking a step up to possibly compete along side of iMessenger.
    I'd like to see Google improve on this as I see the current state of Google Talk as a weak point on Android.
    06-08-11 09:51 AM
    OK so so who is the owner/patent holding of the first IM app? I guess they better stop and sue ms, apple, icq, yahoo and on and on and on.

Isn't it just competition?
    06-08-11 11:00 AM
    Apple will always be repatenting the same old stuff, like iThis and iThat, making old features new again under different names (FaceTime=Video Calling, feature was back in the late 90's with video phones), rendering any company that wants to use those names, at the risk of being sued (anagram for desu and used) and losing money in the process. I won't buy any apple products (technology that is), but OS X, at $45, is an exception, which would be used to turn my Northwood p4 compaq evo, into a quad-booting hackintosh (it already boots windows XP/7 and Linux, might add FreeDOS to make it a quadboot for those OLD games I have) with all the goodies of iOS Desktop (that's what I call it now) on a PC. Not flaming or otherwise criticizing others, I just have to make my point. iAnything from iApple, compare it to whatever else is already on the market at a lower price, compare features that may already exist, then make your decision. That's how I go about it.

Apple critic here, but I respect your choice for using their devices and software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 05:49 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD