07-08-11 08:25 AM
144 12345 ...
tools
    Getting email via a BB browser is a very painful experiance.
    What email you find so painfull? Gmail, hotmail and yahoo mail are all very well optimised for BB browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 01:59 PM
    What email you find so painfull? Gmail, hotmail and yahoo mail are all very well optimised for BB browser.

I think he means that webmail without BIS is painful, which it is. I've used to browser when I've wanted to see truncated emails that BIS would not allow me to read even though I have BIS.
    07-06-11 02:01 PM

please tell me why a user should have to even use those site though when BB is suppose to have the most superior email out there.
    Laura Knotek and Blacklatino like this.
    07-06-11 02:04 PM
    please tell me why a user should have to even use those site though when BB is suppose to have the most superior email out there.
    I agree. There is no reason why emails should be truncated in this day and age.
    Blacklatino and howarmat like this.
    07-06-11 02:06 PM
    I agree. There is no reason why emails should be truncated in this day and age.
    Truncation has to be dropped or made optional very soon IMO. its going to hinder more and more users.
    07-06-11 02:09 PM
    Bro, before you jump to conclusions make sure you read all the posts. We were talking about blackberry owners WITHOUT a data plan.

07-06-11 02:10 PM
    Truncation has to be dropped or made optional very soon IMO. its going to hinder more and more users.
    The hindrance of truncation could also be a contributing factor in the loss of customers, especially since this is an issue only with BlackBerry.
    07-06-11 02:12 PM
    Bro, before you jump to conclusions make sure you read all the posts. We were talking about blackberry owners WITHOUT a data plan.

I know. However, even those of us who have BIS need to use the browser to view truncated emails.
    07-06-11 02:13 PM

i know what you were discussing but like mentioned...even people with a data plan are required to use the sites because of the drawbacks of BB email system
    07-06-11 02:19 PM
    follow the thread back

it has to do with wifi only bb's having no BIS connectivity
    07-06-11 02:31 PM

Painfully slow compared to the built in email client and wasteful of limited screen real estate compared to the built in email.

That said, I have never been a fan of accessing my email via a website. I prefer a well designed email client.
    07-06-11 03:23 PM
    I typed this response to the author of the article that spawned this thread, but then found out you had to register to post, and didn't want to give him the added membership count. This guy is classic stock pumper in it for money, who has occasional good insights, but not a great read on tech. It's all about stock market investor sentiment to him, not actual phone users who buy products.

"Cameron, the enterprise is a slow ship to turn, the upcoming Blackberry phone's are very competitive, and dare I say sexy (yes I have used them, though I do not work for RIM).

I think you are riding the herd mentality, what matters to you is current investor sentiment, but that of course can change rather quickly. RIM will announce a poor quarter (maybe even worse than guidance). But Q3 will be great with a whole new slate of new phones.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Either way RIM is a buy at $25 for the takeover possibility you seem to believe so strongly in. And your talk of making money to send your kids through college...doesn't inspire faith in your analysis when you're pumping up Apple that you own, and pushing down RIM which you don't. Also notice the one company not getting their *** sued a hundred times...RIM, they paid for their Java license unlike Android, and are now part of the Nortel patent purchase...that means more than you think."
    07-06-11 03:35 PM
    I think some people will never be able to grasp the concept that you can loose marketshare yet still grow. They ignore the fact that the marketshare is growing very fast as more people leave dumbphones over smartphones and new generations of people get to the age where they have a smartphone.

Considering that they've lost a million users in a few months and every blog around, including this one reported that only 6% of smartphones purchased last quarter were BlackBerry, down significantly from the previous year... Hmm that isn't growth. In fact some people around here who claim to be supporters spread more lies than anyone else. Now we're going to assume people saying things you don't like must be uneducated? First I worked for bgr, then Apple and Google. Now I'm a teenager. Unbelievable. You folks you I'm addressing are the most delusional forum attendees on the internet, and have been the laughing stock of other ones for a while. Quit making RIM look worse by makesng things up

07-06-11 03:56 PM
    Painfully slow compared to the built in email client and wasteful of limited screen real estate compared to the built in email.

That said, I have never been a fan of accessing my email via a website. I prefer a well designed email client.
    Were you going to full sites? There's mobile sites that are made to be looked at on the small screen, very well optimised. Did you try it on OS6

07-06-11 04:07 PM
    Considering that they've lost a million users in a few months and every blog around, including this one reported that only 6% of smartphones purchased last quarter were BlackBerry, down significantly from the previous year... Hmm that isn't growth. In fact some people around here who claim to be supporters spread more lies than anyone else. Now we're going to assume people saying things you don't like must be uneducated? First I worked for bgr, then Apple and Google. Now I'm a teenager. Unbelievable. You folks you I'm addressing are the most delusional forum attendees on the internet, and have been the laughing stock of other ones for a while. Quit making RIM look worse by makesng things up

And you are way off line with those two comments. Because guess what....you're posting here too.
    07-06-11 04:08 PM

That's USA, globaly they're GROWING, what's so hard to understand?

07-06-11 04:08 PM

Glad my feelings on this matter where true..

since politics are to be left out, I'll simply say,
    RIM has declined in the US. Fact
    RIM has grown in Alternative Markets Fact:
    RIM sold 13 Million units in the 3 months of the decline Fact:
    RIM these ridiculous debates will continue for another year at least!
    07-06-11 04:09 PM
    And you are way off line with those two comments. Because guess what....you're posting here too.
    Read 4 words before your bold...

was always a speculation on my part
    07-06-11 04:10 PM
    Read 4 words before your bold...

was always a speculation on my part
    If it walks like a duck etc....
    07-06-11 04:14 PM
    Have you ever used a mobile browser for web-based email when you have your own hosted mail server? Horde, Atmail, and Squirrel are just >bleh!< on a desktop browser... even worse for mobile.
    07-06-11 04:18 PM
    Were you going to full sites? There's mobile sites that are made to be looked at on the small screen, very well optimised. Did you try it on OS6

I was going to the mobile sites but not using BB OS 6. My personal device is on 5.
    07-06-11 04:20 PM
    Here in Los Angeles, there are some high level circles in which you have to own a Blackberry if you are want to be taken seriously. It's just the way it is.
    07-06-11 04:22 PM
    I was going to the mobile sites but not using BB OS 6. My personal device is on 5.
    Big diference, you can open new emails or contacts etc in new tabs that you can close when you're done with them(don't have to go back and forth in the browser) and it's a helll of a lot faster the OS5.

07-06-11 04:24 PM
    Here in Los Angeles, there are some high level circles in which you have to own a Blackberry if you are want to be taken seriously. It's just the way it is.
    I don't know that I'd want to be a part of one of those circles, much less do business with them. If the device I carried held any bearing on who socialized with me, or did business with me, I'd just walk away laughing.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-06-11 04:25 PM
    Have you ever used a mobile browser for web-based email when you have your own hosted mail server? Horde, Atmail, and Squirrel are just >bleh!< on a desktop browser... even worse for mobile.
    Sereously, AGAIN, we were talking about people with a blackberry but WITHOUT a data plan, they're hardly gonna have they're own hosted email. Read all the posts to stay in context please.

07-06-11 04:27 PM
144 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD