07-08-11 09:25 AM
144 123 ...
tools
    anyone have any thoughts on that article posted on mashable.com about rim falling into third place behind apple and android? i would post the link but i don't have enough posts so just hit mashable.com and you will see it a few articles down...

i will always stay loyal...that is all i have to say...
    07-05-11 08:54 PM
    07-05-11 08:56 PM
    old news.....
    07-05-11 08:57 PM
    thanks for putting the link up...i guess we all just have to wait and see...i will remain optimistic...
    07-05-11 08:58 PM
    Tis ok. It was expected. What's not expected, is the comeback.... ))
    07-05-11 09:07 PM
    as snapple said
    "Threedom is freedom"!!!!!

except I do expect them to make a strong come back!
    07-05-11 09:10 PM
    I'm fine with it as long as they continue to exist. I love BB and I have faith that CX is spot on.
    07-05-11 09:15 PM
    I see it as having a lot to do with not releasing any new handsets. The salespeople in the carriers' stores are clearly steering customers away from BB phones. And you'd have to expect it. After all, new releases give the phone maker a bump in press/attention and excitement. That helps drive interest and some of that converts to sales. I expect things to look up for RIM when the new phones drop.

But gosh.. they sure do need to pick up the pace and shorten the release cycles, somehow.
    07-05-11 09:16 PM
    I would think right now the sales force would be pushing them to get the stock cleared out for the new ones.
    07-05-11 09:19 PM
    I would think right now the sales force would be pushing them to get the stock cleared out for the new ones.
    that depends on warehouse inventory

warehouses are not inventorying phones they don't think they will sell (Read OLD devices) and sales people don't want to lose a sale, so they push for a newly released device they can restock and fall back on the device they can't restock

so if a 8530 is the device the person came in for, sales guy sells the Android device, if that fails, shows the 9330, if that fails hands over the 8530. thus not losing a sale, but had the sales person successfully upsold the next time that the upsell fails they have the inventory
    07-05-11 09:38 PM
    I would add one more thing. I strongly urge that you not succumb to peer pressure and those who desire to not actually question what they desire in a product and what the product delivers to them as opposed to chasing what they are told matters by those who chase validity like a rat pursuing cheese.
    07-05-11 09:39 PM
    I would agree a big problem with attracting new people is the sales people at stores. You have a small business owner walks in and asks for a phone that does great email and the 16 year old tells him to buy a android because that's what he has. Rim really needs to do some great advertising to make people aware. That's why I love their case study videos on youtube.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 12:21 AM
    Are we talking world-wide or just North America? Two different stories I would think.
    07-06-11 12:34 AM
    Pretty sure that's a US specific statistic.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-06-11 01:04 AM
    07-06-11 01:14 AM
    Contrary to certain people's beliefs I don't think they will get bought. They will release the OS7 phones which will tide them over till the QNX ones are ready. Then they will make a comeback and be just fine.

07-06-11 02:36 AM
    Technically aren't they second as many manufacturers make use of the Android OS?
    The real winner seems to be Apple really, Android is still a free OS given away by Google.

07-06-11 06:44 AM
    the ratings are for OS marketshare, so no, RIM is in 3rd, apple is in 2nd, and google is in first. profit isn't taken into account, and google makes a TON from android.
    07-06-11 06:48 AM
    the ratings are for OS marketshare, so no, RIM is in 3rd, apple is in 2nd, and google is in first. profit isn't taken into account, and google makes a TON from android.
    I still find the platform statistics irrelevant, regardless if Google makes money out of it(out of you really, the user)
    IOS and blackberry OS are tied to a product, you can't buy one without the other, Android doesn't really exist as a business, you can't buy and trade Android shares etc.

07-06-11 07:02 AM
    By the way, are the statistics based on new sales or existing users? I imagine the majority of BB users are waiting for the new devices right now, I know I am.

07-06-11 07:06 AM
    Existing users

07-06-11 07:18 AM
    Existing users

How exactly do they calculate that? I thought only Rim revealed the number of active sunscribers, 68 millions was the last figure I read.

And are devices like Galaxy Tab included too as it can be used as a phone but it's reallly a tablet?

07-06-11 07:34 AM
    it's a poll, 30,000 people asked. however they rank or run their numbers comscore has long been trust as a very accurate representation of the market by all 3 google, apple, and RIM. read about it here
    07-06-11 07:37 AM
    QNX in and of itself is not going to turn around RIM. QNX is simply one piece of a very large puzzle. And, at this stage, the only piece of the puzzle that can reasonably be assumed to be in place.
    This is the scariest aspect to me, qnx alone isn't going to save them, but they sure seem to think it will. I guess they think people will come running back to an unproven platform. Even if they did, it'd take years and years. With Google and apples growth so fast many people who switched will be there for the duration of their contract, and with RIM not having a good selling handset for over a year, they fell into nearly a whole contract term with millions bailing...

07-06-11 08:10 AM
    This is the scariest aspect to me, qnx alone isn't going to save them, but they sure seem to think it will. I guess they think people will come running back to an unproven platform. Even if they did, it'd take years and years. With Google and apples growth so fast many people who switched will be there for the duration of their contract, and with RIM not having a good selling handset for over a year, they fell into nearly a whole contract term with millions bailing...

It's easy to say "millions are bailing" but that's ignoring the fact that blackberry active subscriber numbers are going up not down. For every million that "bails" 2 millions join.

07-06-11 08:16 AM
144 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD