Hi all..

I am using BB BOLD 9700.. Version 5.0.0.593 (Platform 5.1.0.147. Bundle 1022)..

I just upgraded the OS to the version mentioned above because i was seeing that my BB is not connecting to wifi for reconciling of email and BBM messages. The wifi icon stays grey and does not turn white anymore as it used to do.

On roaming, i use wifi to receive my messages, but now it connects to wifi only when i am browsing the net on my phone. I was told by my friend that RIM has changed a platform and now Reconciling will happen only OTA under data plan.

Can someone suggest me what is to be done to get the reconciling back on wifi. As roaming charges of GPRS are so high. I prefer checking mails when in a wifi zone.

Seeking Help.

Raj
    10-14-10 04:31 AM
    If you don't have a data plan, it won't be easy. If your e-mail provider has a mobile version of their website, I suggest you use that from the native browser. If they don't, use the bolt browser to check e-mail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 11:20 AM
    The wifi icon stays grey and does not turn white anymore as it used to do.

The first place to check is Wifi Diagnostics.

Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics.

The first section is your connection to your Wifi host router. If everything is good, you will see two green check marks and a Successful Connection status message.

If there is a problem, the Status Message will contain an error message.

Scroll down to BlackBerry Infrastructure and check for an error message.
    10-14-10 11:43 AM
    Hi..

the diagnostics do show an error. How to rectify that error?

any suggesstions?
    10-14-10 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD