03-28-11 04:01 AM
140 ... 456
tools
    I think you are drastically inflating that list of those getting 6.1 lite, I'd bet that it was mostly intended for the new curve models.

Possibly the torch and 9780 might get it too, but no chance for pre os6 bbs to also get it and little chance of the style getting it since it is was only ever on one network and it would mean a lot of work with little benefit.
    I doubt anything with older hardware won't handle it. 800 MHz proc is probably required and I even bet that is a bit under powered which why they have 2 versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 07:21 AM
    Underclocking? 800GHz sounds like one **** of an overclock to me.
    EDIT: Oh ****... you wrote GHz, LOLZ!

But the MSM8655 is a 1GHz processor natively. Lots of phones underclock it to save battery life and so the phone produces less heat.
    03-27-11 10:26 AM
    IMO the full 6.1 software will offer the best experience and be available for the 1.2GHz devices including...

-Bold Touch (Dakota/Montana)
    -Storm 3 (?) (Monaco/Monza)
    -Torch 2

6.1 lite should be for the 800MHz and older devices that launched with BB6

-Next Gen Curve (Sedona)
    -New Curve Touch (Malibu)
    -Torch 1
    -Style
    -Bold 9780
    -Possibly other BBs that officially support BB6 like (9700, 9650, 9300 etc)

Just trying to think logically here but this is not hard fact.
    THe 9300 only has 256 Storage/RAM. It will be hard to fix 6.1 Lite on it. Prolly better to just leave them with 6.0. 9330 should be able to take 6.1 Lite easily.

9700 is in the same situation as the 9300. 9650 is similar to 9780, it should be able to take 6.1 Lite.
    03-27-11 10:38 AM
    I doubt anything with older hardware won't handle it. 800 MHz proc is probably required and I even bet that is a bit under powered which why they have 2 versions.
    It wouldn't surprise me if the higher resolution was the main thing needing a faster processor and that the cut-off between 6.1 and 6.1 lite was actually the amount of ram as all the cheaper models have 512mb rather than 768mb.
    03-27-11 11:34 AM
    EDIT: Oh ****... you wrote GHz, LOLZ!

But the MSM8655 is a 1GHz processor natively. Lots of phones underclock it to save battery life and so the phone produces less heat.
    Yea the image says 800GHz, not Mhz.. I found it kinda funny.
    03-27-11 04:15 PM
    that why it's a dot one release? because it's a major overhaul?
    I know. Funny.

03-27-11 05:07 PM
    -Engadget

One would hope...
    Am I alone here; or would you also like to see one of the "major overhauls" to RIM & the Torch, I'm particular; be designing a horizontal slider for those of us with hands bigger than that of a childs?

03-27-11 05:13 PM
    Am I alone here; or would you also like to see one of the "major overhauls" to RIM & the Torch, I'm particular; be designing a horizontal slider for those of us with hands bigger than that of a childs?

I don't think you're alone in wanting a horizontal slider. I would guess you are close to alone in thinking the effective use of anything else is equivalent to having a child's hands.
    03-27-11 05:44 PM

No sir, you are not alone. The cramped keyboard and its orientation are the only things I'd improve on the Torch's ergos. If they were to put a horizontal slider on something with the specs they're showing for the Torch 2, that would unquestionably be my ideal phone.
    03-27-11 07:10 PM
    It seems like you guys are too busy bashing Rim or arguing to answer this guys valid question! Well anyone have an answer?
    Sorry if I'm asking a noob question but will we be able to load 6.1 on a Torch 1?
    Wow, this thread is crazy long...
    not sure if someone posted this already, but based on all the speculation going on I guess it can't hurt to re-post (from Jan 29/11):

BlackBerry 6.1 Locks Target on Android, iOS

Sent smokin' over 3G by my BlackBerry Torch on standard web using Opera Mini 6*

*Viewer discretion advised:
    Exploiting today's technology for uncompromising speed along with data and power conservation, thereby ensuring a Professional Grade libido now, and for the foreseeable future.
    03-27-11 08:49 PM
    We already knew all that a long time ago. We'll see if they can execute on any of it in any worthwhile way when they...you know...decide to show us.
    03-27-11 09:11 PM
    ...It's already spring and OS 6.1 isn't on any device yet.

03-27-11 10:12 PM
    What? It became spring like a week ago

STFU
    03-27-11 10:24 PM
    Wow, this thread is crazy long...
    not sure if someone posted this already, but based on all the speculation going on I guess it can't hurt to re-post (from Jan 29/11):

BlackBerry 6.1 Locks Target on Android, iOS

Sent smokin' over 3G by my BlackBerry Torch on standard web using Opera Mini 6*

*Viewer discretion advised:
    Exploiting today's technology for uncompromising speed along with data and power conservation, thereby ensuring a Professional Grade libido now, and for the foreseeable future.
    That is an awesome signature at the end. I'm pretty sure I know who that is dedicated to.
    03-27-11 10:35 PM
    What? It became spring like a week ago

STFU
    HILARIOUS!!! Also, I don't understand why ppl not only assume that 6.1 was gonna come out before any of the new BBs came out, but they take it like RIM gave the official word it was going to be so. OS 6.1 was never said to be on any of the existing phones until the new brigade of BBs come out later this year. None of the leaks "confirmed" it either.

On the other hand, if that was pure sarcasm, it was pretty damn funny! Pls tell me it was sarcasm.
    03-28-11 04:01 AM
140 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD