03-28-11 05:01 AM
140 1234 ...
tools
    It's only on android and comes at a price, google knows your every move. It's another reason for me to stay away from android. I have google maps but don't really use it for that reason.
    Heh, they probably know it anyways. Free navigations is fine by me.
    03-24-11 11:07 PM
    Do you ever have anything constructive or meaningful to add to any topic? I mean ever? Why are you even here?

Read why the stock dropped, Mr. Hutton ... because next quarter's profits will be weak due to heavier than expected spending to launch the PlayBook. Forecast for the whole year is strong, which would be significant if Wall Street lemmings could see beyond 3 months from now. A long-term investment to them is next week.
    So ....on the dot about EVERYTHING. I sat through the whole Wall Street live chat today about the earnings call. I found out what an ***** Scott Moritz is. He just would not stop bashing RIM and making stupid comments. The concern is definitely real with RIM. But I saw people chiming in with intelligent responses to what he was asking and he just denied them off the bat.
    03-24-11 11:13 PM
    that why it's a dot one release? because it's a major overhaul?
    funny! even Nokia got a troll representing it on CB. What has world come to?
    03-25-11 01:11 AM
    Per my knowledge the biggest upgrade for 6.1 is -->
    i. kernel has been re-written/modified to support higher RAM like 768MB and faster processors like 1.2GHZ. This was not possible earlier, that's the reason why torch 1 didn't have great hardware specs.
    ii. 6.1 will support lot of additional hardware like magnetometer and other fancy stuff which will again give the option for the phones to get more X factor.

In terms of interface I think OS6 pretty good already and I don't see major changes coming in OS6 for this.

I am sure the browser still has a lot of room for improvement and I hope the PlayBook browser team gives in some tips and makes the browser better for OS6.
    03-25-11 01:41 AM
    According to the slides 6.1 includes big improvements for the browser. So we'll see.
    03-25-11 02:25 AM
    im rooting for you blackberry users!! as a former bb user myself i know the feeling of being left behind in innovation KNOWING that RIM can do a much better job...good luck and i hope you guys finally get what you are looking for...i found it in android...but i did love my entry level 8530
    03-25-11 03:04 AM
    So you can't live without GPS. Another core functionality of smartphones now. VZNAV is also offered on most if not all platforms that VZW offers in their lineup. Super App just sounds like more of a marketing gimmick for now, but in time I can see potential for the name.

I can see it now-

Android User- Hey look, I can fly at 4G speeds, and I have widgets woohoo!
    BB User- Well I have Super Apps such as Poynt!
    Android User- Umm, I got that installed as well dude.
    BB User- Oh, um... At least the PlayBook can use any of your apps and then some!
    Android User- You need mine because you hardly have any worth installing. And good luck pirating those apps that are only available in App Markets!
    03-25-11 08:42 AM
    According to the slides 6.1 includes big improvements for the browser. So we'll see.
    But according to BMX (who's currently testing 6.1) it's better..but still behind.
    03-25-11 08:47 AM
    It was also mentioned by some analysts that rim is expecting lower margins on device sales as rim's focus has been on low spec devices in new markets. It can be expected, they said, that android will also be pursuing those markets as well, putting even more pressure on rim.

It was also noted that their market share in Europe is starting to follow the same trend that has been seen in North America.

It seems that these are important markets after all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 08:56 AM
    Then why bother to "overhaul" it?

Sent screaming from my ThunderBolt at 4G speeds.
    OK tucker we get it ................. your **** is bigger.
    03-25-11 09:27 AM
    Android User- You need mine because you hardly have any worth installing. And good luck pirating those apps that are only available in App Markets!
    lol agreed.
    03-25-11 10:46 AM
    With 6.1 you'll be seeing an incredible UI very much influenced by the acquisition of TAT more so on the 6.1 enhanced for the new touch screen device (aka Storm 3).
    03-25-11 11:04 AM
    my jaw dropped at how fast the stock dropped 12% while he was saying this.
    why is he still allowed to be here? total d##$#Bag
    03-25-11 11:10 AM
    Yea it will definitely take time to make apps "super". As of right now, according to what you are saying above, I would not consider Poynt to be an app I can't live without. Apps I can't live without are email, messaging, browser, calendar and phone. All of which are core apps.

They would have to really start innovating to make these other apps something you "can't live without".

WOW...do you realize that since ur not on bb your opinion on this matter is totally mute?
    03-25-11 11:14 AM
    All the android kids remain concerned about the direction of BB. I don't think whatever BMX is/was testing a month ago is the final 6.1 product...just my opinion.
    03-25-11 11:19 AM
    WOW...do you realize that since ur not on bb your opinion on this matter is totally mute?
    So you assume I don't own a BB? Funny.

Do you realize that when you assume you make yourself look like an a$$, therefor you opinion doesn't matter and is totally moot?

Also, owning a certain device doesn't make your opinion any more valid than someone else. Especially when I was talking about a type of app. Learn to read.
    Last edited by avt123; 03-25-11 at 11:26 AM.
    03-25-11 11:23 AM
    So you assume I don't own a BB? Funny.

Do you realize that when you assume you make yourself look like an a$$, therefor you opinion doesn't matter and is totally mute?
    Good lord guys...it's moot not mute.
    Ferretling likes this.
    03-25-11 11:25 AM
    Good lord guys...it's moot not mute.
    Yea I know I corrected myself. I was just typing and not paying attention while I was looking at his quote.
    03-25-11 11:26 AM
    Why all the Android/Blackberry hate. lmao

Anyways, we'll see.
    03-25-11 11:53 AM
    Sorry if I'm asking a noob question but will we be able to load 6.1 on a Torch 1?
    03-25-11 12:04 PM
    Sorry if I'm asking a noob question but will we be able to load 6.1 on a Torch 1?
    There's a 6.1 Build for the Torch 1 already on the portal according to @RiseAgainstOdds on Twitter.
    03-25-11 12:21 PM
    my jaw dropped at how fast the stock dropped 12% while he was saying this.
    03-25-11 12:57 PM
    But according to BMX (who's currently testing 6.1) it's better..but still behind.
    this is why what he said on the call yesterday will come back to haunt him. we all know 6.1 is not going to catch up to the competition. and if it's true that QNX is coming early 2012, why would someone commit to 6.1 on a two year contract when in about 9 months you can get the next gen devices?
    Last edited by dutchtender; 03-25-11 at 01:12 PM.
    Machzy likes this.
    03-25-11 01:05 PM
    There's a 6.1 Build for the Torch 1 already on the portal according to @RiseAgainstOdds on Twitter.
    so what other phones is it coming to?? I missed this info...
    03-25-11 01:06 PM
    why would someone commit to 6.1 on a two year contract when in about 9 months you can get the next gen devices?
    Most consumers and businesses don't at what's coming out further than a month or two. Us who follow this industry are different - we are always looking for the newest thing. I think the new 6.1 phones will move from high-end to mid-tier once the QNX phones come out (in other words the QNX phones will be pricey)
    03-25-11 02:16 PM
140 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD