03-30-11 07:00 PM
87 1234
tools
    iPhone 5 won't be out until September.
    Uuuffff, glad I got the Atrix when I did....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 09:33 AM
    no the kids in the village and Tribeca aren't using BBs. this is not 2005.
    Really? So all the kids I saw in June, July and November were all in some 2005 time warp with me?

Get real. Fact is the majority of kids in the Village and all around Manhattan were on BBerries. Some iPhones and Androids most certainly, but without taking count, I would say the majority were clicketing clacketing away on BBerries. You recognise a BB keyboard when you hear one, and the look of the devices, as is dicussed ad nauseum on this forum, is unmistakable.
    As were the vast majority of people on the Acela also using BBerries.
    03-30-11 10:47 AM
    Really? So all the kids I saw in June, July and November were all in some 2005 time warp with me?

Get real. Fact is the majority of kids in the Village and all around Manhattan were on BBerries. Some iPhones and Androids most certainly, but without taking count, I would say the majority were clicketing clacketing away on BBerries. You recognise a BB keyboard when you hear one, and the look of the devices, as is dicussed ad nauseum on this forum, is unmistakable.
    As were the vast majority of people on the Acela also using BBerries.
    right. and Rimm stock went up 12% friday too.
    03-30-11 11:03 AM
    Anyone notice Civic hasn't come in this thread yet? *knock on wood*
    is there any way to block a moderator?
    if i want a biased suggestion, i have Macrumors for that.
    03-30-11 11:07 AM
    right. and Rimm stock went up 12% friday too.
    I'm giving you actual observations of my surroundings on my last three trips to NY and you come back with that?

As you wish.
    03-30-11 11:09 AM
    I'm giving you actual observations of my surroundings on my last three trips to NY and you come back with that?

As you wish.
    I prefer facts to "observations". rimm is losing massive market share in the USA. those are the facts. and every kid you see has a BB.
    Last edited by dutchtender; 03-30-11 at 11:18 AM.
    03-30-11 11:13 AM
    I prefer facts to "observations". rimm is losing massive market share in the USA. those are the facts.
    Fact is numbers can be twisted to account for any agenda. That is also a fact.

And I also trust what I see around me more than the people two streets down from where I'm watching a group of teenagers BBM like mad (you recognise that cricket chirp anywhere also) are telling me I'm seeing. My personal observations mean more to me in this conversation than analysts' opinions of market statistics, which as I said just above, are simply numbers that can be twisted to fit any agenda.

For any article that says any one thing there is another that contradicts. For any analyst with an opinion there is another analyst with a contrary opinion. Numbers devoid of analysis is only data - analysts are a dime a dozen. I look at RIM's net profits in the billions (only one M, not talking about market) and their acquisitions and I could not care less of any one analyst's opinion.
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    03-30-11 11:23 AM
    The iphone 4 is already dated. Not that I'm in a hurry to get an iphone, but just saying, if I were to get one, I would wait for the iphone 5. We know it's coming.
    The iPhone 4 isn't outdated until the iPhone 5 is in our hands. It is not the same ball game for the iPhone. The only thing that outdates an iPhone is a newer iPhone.

We know the iPhone 5 is coming, but it is most likely coming in September. If someone wants to wait four more months, and hope they get one on release, go for it. I bought the iPhone 4, and will sell it before the iPhone 5 comes out for a profit.
    03-30-11 11:26 AM
    is there any way to block a moderator?
    if i want a biased suggestion, i have Macrumors for that.
    There certainly is.
    Click on the User Name, Public Profile, User List, then click Add to ignore list.

I've added Civic to my ignore list with Dutchtender and others. It makes reading the forums much more pleasant

edit: That was before she became a moderator. I see now you can't add moderators to your ignore list.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 03-30-11 at 11:33 AM.
    03-30-11 11:30 AM
    The iPhone 4 isn't outdated until the iPhone 5 is in our hands. It is not the same ball game for the iPhone. The only thing that outdates an iPhone is a newer iPhone.

We know the iPhone 5 is coming, but it is most likely coming in September. If someone wants to wait four more months, and hope they get one on release, go for it. I bought the iPhone 4, and will sell it before the iPhone 5 comes out for a profit.
    As a knowledgeable consumer imo only the iphone 4 is dated and I would not buy one today. Its last years technology in the same way the s2 is dated.

03-30-11 11:33 AM

Agreed 110%.

As for RIMM stock losing 12% is the fact that the analyst & others didn't like the fact RIM isn't projecting higher numbers & that RIMM stock won't grow a lot until later this year. Thing is, RIM is just being honest and they know that during this phase there won't be any huge gains until later this year. As described in the earnings call, RIM is in a transition. Also there's no guidance for the PlayBook, they're only going to report numbers.(something the Street hates).
    It's not that RIM is doing so badly. It's that they basically said revenues, aside from the PlayBook have plateaued until later in the year when it comes time to release new devices & 6.1.
    RIM still has no debt on the books and is doing fine. And will continue to do so.
    03-30-11 12:06 PM
    Well I don't live* in* a school system nor do I live with 2000 school children. If those are the measures then you obviously have more proximity than I.

Oddly enough, still trust my eyes more than your hyperbolic assertions.
    03-30-11 12:25 PM
    Well, I work on a university campus and most of the kids I see have flip or texting phones. The one's who do have smart phones generally have android or BB. I don't see many iphones with the students but I see many in my meetings. I don't see many Androids or BB's in my meetings. I see almost all blackberries in the airports when I travel. Tsecor, you have too much of an agenda for me to trust your post.
    03-30-11 12:32 PM
    Kids used a lot of blackberries at my high school and college.
    03-30-11 12:37 PM
    touchy I see...hyperbolic assertions? okaayy.......The bottom line is a few kids you saw on the street somehow represent a better way to judge what the kids of our society prefer over an entire school system? I guess that makes sense in some other solar system, but the fact remains BB is the last device on the masses of todays youth. I have been in this school system for years and NEVER has the BB been the choice of todays youth. The LG envy, chocolate and Envy 2 had a huge following for a few years...now its droids and iPhones.....It has never been BB. Who knows what the future holds, but numbers tell the story and BB isnt a choice for todays youth.
    just remember theres a whole world outside the USA.

BlackBerry was THE most purchased smartphone of 2010 in the UK for example.
    03-30-11 12:45 PM
    at my college too, but today is a different story...bb's have been phased out with todays high school kids
    But didn't you just say that BB was NEVER the choice phone for kids? So which is it?

That is what I mean by hyperbolic assertion. A statement made in support of an agenda exclusive of reason or facts, where contradictions are readily apparent.
    03-30-11 01:00 PM
    touchy I see...hyperbolic assertions? okaayy.......The bottom line is a few kids you saw on the street somehow represent a better way to judge what the kids of our society prefer over an entire school system? I guess that makes sense in some other solar system, but the fact remains BB is the last device on the masses of todays youth. I have been in this school system for years and NEVER has the BB been the choice of todays youth. The LG envy, chocolate and Envy 2 had a huge following for a few years...now its droids and iPhones.....It has never been BB. Who knows what the future holds, but numbers tell the story and BB isnt a choice for todays youth.
    Touchy? You bet....when someone counters me in the manner you did.

I did not give observations on a few kids on the street - I gave you three different cities, two coasts, different demographics. Location was this solar system. I haven't gone to outer space with an Android.

Unlike you, I don't speak for the "masses" but I make statements based on observation.
    03-30-11 01:13 PM
    Nice try but my college days were 6 years ago. give up your agenda here. It's not working out for ya. If you want more specifics, the last 5 years have seen BB's completely disappear in the schools. like I said earlier, it was LG chocolates, envys, then envy 2's....now its droids and iPhones.....not BB's....sorry you are having an issue with this, but I can't help you any more than I have.
    You've not helped at all. Rather, made generalised statements.

And I've always had an issue with such statements.
    03-30-11 01:17 PM
    At no point did I say I'd taken a count; rather, I stated I did not take a count.

I do not believe that there isn't one single child in the New York school district with a BB. I did not skew any demographics, I specifically stated Tyson's Corner, Beverly Center and Manhattan. You seem to care, because you respond. I cannot dispute your numbers any more than you can dispute my observations during my frequent travels since '06, and I would never in my life make such an indefensible assertion as "middle schoolers hate BBs" because that is inclusive of all middle schoolers and that is a generalised statement that cannot be supported.

It is what it is.

Sorry you have issues with it.
    03-30-11 01:31 PM
    OK, let me get this straight...

Are you actually asserting that there are no middle school kids in the entire New York school district with BBerries? And are you further asserting that "kids hate BB" which would include all kids everywhere?

And are you trying to tell me that in the whole of the three cities I mentioned there were only 5 or 10 kids carrying BBs?

Really?

OK - it's been a barrel of laughs. I'm off this idiocy. I'll get called off and I'm actually trying to play with my Atrix.
    03-30-11 01:52 PM
    OK, let me get this straight...

Are you actually asserting that there are no middle school kids in the entire New York school district with BBerries? And are you further asserting that "kids hate BB" which would include all kids everywhere?

And are you trying to tell me that in the whole of the three cities I mentioned there were only 5 or 10 kids carrying BBs?

Really?

OK - it's been a barrel of laughs. I'm off this idiocy. I'll get called off and I'm actually trying to play with my Atrix.
    Wise choice.
    03-30-11 01:55 PM
    You are embarrassing yourself. I never disputed WHAT you saw but rather HOW MANY you saw.....

If you don't think the school kids are a barometer of what is hot and what is not, then I can't help you. I just reported what the kids in my school system like and how it contrdicts these reports. 2200 kids a year for the last 5 years love ANYTHING BUT BB.....the middle school kids obviously follow the older kids and none of them carry BB's and talk very bad about the device. Believe what you want. It doesn't change the fact kids of today are not into BB. Its a simple as that. Get over it. As entertaining as this is, the fact remains Kids hate BB. So, the 5 or 10 kids you saw are the last of a generation it seems.
    For the record.....this was what you wrote. Ridiculously funny.

I'm gone. You'll have to play alone....I've got issues with my Atrix I need to solve.
    03-30-11 01:56 PM
    ******* troll. don't feed it.
    03-30-11 03:00 PM
    As a knowledgeable consumer imo only the iphone 4 is dated and I would not buy one today. Its last years technology in the same way the s2 is dated.

you like 5 year old technology but think 1 year old technology is dated? I know. BB just "works for you".
    03-30-11 03:14 PM
    ******* troll. don't feed it.
    Careful, it might try to accuse you of embarrassing yourself too

03-30-11 03:15 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD