07-02-11 02:45 AM
114 123 ...
tools
    06-30-11 10:14 AM
    Its all about the Apps!. The very reason I returned my PlayBook.

"4) Developers, not Carriers can now make or break us

We urgently need to invest like we never have before in becoming developer friendly. The return will be worth every cent. There is no polite way to say this, but it’s true — BlackBerry smartphone apps suck. Even PlayBook, with all its glorious power, looks like a Fisher Price toy with its Adobe AIR/Flash apps."
    06-30-11 10:18 AM
    I love this guy, He echos everything I believe. RIM & users clinging onto Flash because it's all they have....

"5) Need for serious marketing punch to create end user desire

25 million iPad users don’t care that it doesn’t have Flash or true multitasking, so why make that a focus in our campaigns? I’ll answer that for you: it’s because that’s all that differentiates our products and its lazy marketing. I’ve never seen someone buy product B because it has something product A doesn’t have. People buy product B because they want and lust after product B."
    Last edited by xandermac; 06-30-11 at 10:46 AM.
    06-30-11 10:20 AM
    Thanks for the article.

I believe its no secret, but good to see it's not just in my/our heads ...
    SevereDeceit likes this.
    06-30-11 10:24 AM
    Sounds like a company in a death spiral. Good time to buy RIM stock...

Honestly, sad to see a company with so much promise go by the wayside. Sounds like developers won't be building many apps for RIM. As I said before the next few quarters are going to be very bad for RIM as they release more and more underwhelming handsets. Apple will ring the death knell for RIM in the coming months.
    06-30-11 10:29 AM
    btw...

one of the things Apple (Steve Jobs) always connected to success: The working place and atmosphere.

Pixar has like total freedom for employees to design their working place.
    Apple has a dedicated campus with everything to make life convenient - and a place where everyone meets in the middle of the building...

Sounds like RIM is not even going to need to fire people - they're going to run... to Apple, Microsoft or Google...
    06-30-11 10:39 AM
    RIM's big mistake was not reacting swiftly enough to iPhone. RIM made a lot of other great decisions and had great earnings up until like two quarters ago.

QNX is a good move, even if it should have been done earlier.

This guy needs to spend less time writing letters to BGR and more time writing code. What a tool.
    I am JT likes this.
    06-30-11 10:39 AM
    Hopefully the ceo's read this and give their heads a shake. This is a good letter from the inside.

To the guy above, how do you know this guy or girl writes code? Could be a buyer, production worker, logistics.... maybe the letter was written at home on their own time?

My apologies... senior exec.... so still not the one doing the coding
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 06-30-11 at 10:48 AM.
    06-30-11 10:42 AM
    I have no proof, but I think the Rim CEOs are letting the company go down. They probably don't want to risk loosing money. I don't blame them, you see it in the car industry all the time. Execs just continue to release mediocre product until it goes under. In the long run they win we loose.
    06-30-11 10:47 AM
    If this is indicitave of the sentiment at RIM among the evecutive team then the letter needed to be written and the twoclowns need to wake up before all the talent walks away.

This guy needs to spend less time writing letters to BGR and more time writing code. What a tool.
    06-30-11 10:48 AM
    RIM's big mistake was not reacting swiftly enough to iPhone. RIM made a lot of other great decisions and had great earnings up until like two quarters ago.

QNX is a good move, even if it should have been done earlier.

I think RIM is too far behind to get back in the game. The developers have abandoned RIM and that is the lifeblood a strong smart phone platform. This happened to Palm. Palm tried at the end for a hail mary pass with the Pre, but it just wasn't enough and they couldn't turn it around. RIM is on the same trajectory but it is even worse because the leadership at RIM doesn't think there is a problem. That is a receipe for disaster when the leaders think there's nothing wrong. RIM is toast.

Wait until the iOS5 software update hits in September as well as the new iphone. RIM's domestic sales will be in the toilet. And even if RIM puts out a QNX phone, it will be useless without apps and I don't see where RIM is going to get the apps. Nobody wants to develop for them.
    06-30-11 10:49 AM
    If this is indicitave of the sentiment at RIM among the evecutive team then the letter needed to be written and the twoclowns need to wake up before all the talent walks away.
    Correction: "runs away".
    06-30-11 10:50 AM
    I agree the points made by the employee..but hindsight is a wonderful thing. also, i think all the doom and gloom scenario is over exaggerating. Rim is hurt, but it is not in bad shape. it recognized its issues and is addressing them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 10:53 AM
    Loving my PB. I'm not brainwashed so I don't feel compelled to have apps for everything. The aquisition of QNX was brilliant.
    06-30-11 10:57 AM
    Stick a fork in them they are DONE!! There is way too much negative culture to turn around in such a large company!! It all rests on the dual CO-CEOs lack of response and actions.
    06-30-11 10:58 AM
    Thanks for posting.
    Second video was quite interesting.
    06-30-11 10:58 AM
    This guy is a tool because he is not saying much that is different than what RIM's co-ceos said during the earnings call a few weeks back.

The only things that RIM needs to do to get back on track is to finish Playbook and get QNX phones out on time. Those are the big issues. Every other company has problems with developers or other things. He is picking on a software package (the native SDK) that isn't even out yet. This is one of the reasons why I think he does not even work for RIM. The idiots at BGR will give anyone a platform as long as they say bad things about RIM.
    homer1475 likes this.
    06-30-11 11:07 AM
    Almost sounds like the author of that letter was one of the folks who were already fired.
    southlander likes this.
    06-30-11 11:10 AM
    Well, first I'm going to take the letter with a grain of salt because this is the internet after all, but the letter reminds me a lot of articles I've read of what happened at Ford, GM and Chrysler during their decline in terms of the corporate culture and management being the biggest obstacles to turning around the company.
    06-30-11 11:10 AM
    Bah, all they have to do is bribe the developers like Jobs did.
    06-30-11 11:11 AM

"oh goodie more bad news about RIMM hurry up and post!!!"
    I deleted the parts I didn't like but I'm actually going to agree with blackjack (can't believe I said that)

There is a News/Rumor section for a reason I you wish to talk about RIM as a company, Move it there.
    Last edited by Foreverup; 06-30-11 at 11:22 AM.
    06-30-11 11:13 AM
    Appreciate the post actually xander - good info I was just razzing everyone.
    06-30-11 11:27 AM
    If the solution were that simple, it only makes RIM management that much more inept to not have done it years ago.
    06-30-11 11:36 AM
    Loving my PB. I'm not brainwashed so I don't feel compelled to have apps for everything. The aquisition of QNX was brilliant.
    I guess you missed this paragraph.

"We simply have to admit that Apple is nailing this and it is one of the reasons they have people lining up overnight at stores around the world, and products sold out for months. These people arent hypnotized zombies, they simply love beautifully designed products that are user centric and work how they are supposed to work. Android has a major weakness it will always lack the simplicity and elegance that comes with end-to-end device software, middleware and hardware control."
    06-30-11 11:37 AM
    I appreciate the sarcasm but as an aside,

Apple has paid out over $2.5 billion to developers in a year and a half, thats the allure and why the top notch developers work on iOS.

06-30-11 11:44 AM
114 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD