04-06-11 04:49 PM
141 ... 23456
tools
    1 - There are quite a few people who think a 10" tablet is too big and think a 7" tablet would be just right. I'm one, and I have an iPad in the house to use as a reference. I don't like it, and I'm more than willing to pay the same price for a device that's more powerful and fits me better. Of course I don't count because I'm one of them fanbois.

2 - Read any number of reviews from anyone who has actually used a PlayBook before you go predicting sub-par reviews.

3 - Take a finance class or two before you start claiming to understand a company's guidance.
    Keep up the good work!
    04-01-11 08:05 AM
    Just building up hype. Won't believe it til I see it.
    04-03-11 02:10 PM
    i am super excited!
    04-04-11 05:06 PM
    1 - There are quite a few people who think a 10" tablet is too big and think a 7" tablet would be just right. I'm one, and I have an iPad in the house to use as a reference. I don't like it, and I'm more than willing to pay the same price for a device that's more powerful and fits me better. Of course I don't count because I'm one of them fanbois.

2 - Read any number of reviews from anyone who has actually used a PlayBook before you go predicting sub-par reviews.

3 - Take a finance class or two before you start claiming to understand a company's guidance.
    I wonder why RIMM is not seeding the tech bloggers with review units. Perhaps they want to sell a few "first".
    04-04-11 05:12 PM
    I wonder why RIMM is not seeding the tech bloggers with review units. Perhaps they want to sell a few "first".
    You really don't get out much, do you. Follow any one of a number of mods here. They've had them for months but have been under an NDA.
    04-04-11 05:37 PM
    months doesnt equal final product though, i think that is what he means
    04-04-11 05:42 PM
    A sincere thanks for dropping this post down on the forums...although we don't need more troll bait

Anywho, if the carriers get to see the phones more leaked pics are near foo sure
    04-04-11 07:27 PM
    Making a statement that the "carrier's jaws dropped", by Jim B is something I trust as being sincere.

This involves his integrity with the carriers...so I trust!

Let's face it the IP RIM has acquired has made my jaw drop!

Carriers already through co-engineering QNX phones with RIM and their behind the scenes extensive experience with PB and it's yet to be known advanced capabilities place me in a position to trust
    04-04-11 07:46 PM
    You really don't get out much, do you. Follow any one of a number of mods here. They've had them for months but have been under an NDA.
    exactly. they don't want impartial reviews surfacing before they can actually get a few out the door.
    04-04-11 07:57 PM
    why would RIM enter into an NDA with a board moderator? Makes no sense. Anyone can be a board moderator. Maybe Kevin or an owner of CB, but not a forum moderator.
    I know of one moderator that is in that situation......
    04-04-11 08:09 PM
    lol CX isnt just a moderator though either
    04-04-11 08:33 PM
    When did RIM announce the playbook?

It's 2 weeks to release and we still don't have a decent review of it, or an unboxing?

If you're still working on it 2 weeks before release, that is not supposed to install confidence... And is that even possible? They have to be manufacturered and shipped out so there can actually be some to buy in stores, order from online, etc...
    04-04-11 09:41 PM

It's 2 weeks to release and we still don't have a decent review of it, or an unboxing?

If you're still working on it 2 weeks before release, that is not supposed to install confidence... And is that even possible? They have to be manufacturered and shipped out so there can actually be some to buy in stores, order from online, etc...
    Did you see an ipad2 unboxing and review before it was released?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-11 03:48 AM
    Good point my friend. Btw I have all of the confidence the playbook will rule.

04-05-11 06:45 AM
    If anything the Xoom and Honeycomb was the biggest fail, released way too early, I'm not sure if it even has flash yet and the biggest fail at all, last week when i listened to Cnet podcast it only had 50 nativte honeycomb apps, that's right, only 50. Ipad2 launched with 1000
    04-05-11 09:03 AM
    It has a beta or leaked version of Flash as I recall. Still no LTE or SD slot ability that i have heard of.
    04-05-11 10:00 AM

very unusual that rimm would not seed the tech bloggers with review units. it's a bit like movie studios not letting reviewers pre screen films ahead of general release, for example ishtar.
    04-05-11 10:12 AM
    It has a beta or leaked version of Flash as I recall. Still no LTE or SD slot ability that i have heard of.
    Uh, it has been confirmed that there's an LTE version coming in the next few months.
    04-05-11 10:20 AM
    very unusual that rimm would not seed the tech bloggers with review units. it's a bit like movie studios not letting reviewers pre screen films ahead of general release, for example ishtar.
    Again, bloggers have them. For reasons known only to a chosen few, RIM has asked - no, demanded - that they keep details under wraps. They've gone as far as to ask the FCC to extend their lid on confidential details until 4/19. It's not unusual at all. When is the last time you got any details of an Apple product prior to the actual release? You don't. Until they day they go on sale, it's nothing but rumors and speculation. Nothing different here.

theruined likes this.
    04-05-11 10:28 AM
    If anything the Xoom and Honeycomb was the biggest fail, released way too early, I'm not sure if it even has flash yet and the biggest fail at all, last week when i listened to Cnet podcast it only had 50 nativte honeycomb apps, that's right, only 50. Ipad2 launched with 1000
    Was the cnet podcast sponsored by apple as it almost sounds like it is quoting the ipad 2 launch verbatim, the reality is that android is better than ios for handling resolutions so plenty of those 200k apps run just fine on honeycomb tablets unlike most iphone apps when the ipad launched that looked like **** when you use the 2x mode.
    04-05-11 11:02 AM
    Was the cnet podcast sponsored by apple as it almost sounds like it is quoting the ipad 2 launch verbatim, the reality is that android is better than ios for handling resolutions so plenty of those 200k apps run just fine on honeycomb tablets unlike most iphone apps when the ipad launched that looked like **** when you use the 2x mode.
    They did say the others would work but so far there's only 50 tablet specific apps. True or not?

04-05-11 11:06 AM
    They did say the others would work but so far there's only 50 tablet specific apps. True or not?

I think you are correct, only 50 native Honeycomb apps. Btw the iPad 2 launched with 65,000 apps specific to the iPad and iPad 2.

I think it is a key point that the Android tablets will run most phone applications, but so would the original iPad. In many cases it still took native tablet apps to take full advantage of the resolution and form factor. In this regard the Playbook may actually leapfrog Honeycomb in terms of applications, and if it incorporates Android apps quickly, that will just add to it. The support for Air and Flash should give the PB a good start. We shall see!

I personally am buying an iPad 2 tomorrow. Worst case I sell it later for something better.

I think 6.1 looks pretty good myself. I love the new icons and I think the general look and feel is the most polished on the market. iOS is close, but I really like what RIM has done.
    04-05-11 11:48 AM
    I think you are correct, only 50 native Honeycomb apps. Btw the iPad 2 launched with 65,000 apps specific to the iPad and iPad 2.

I think it is a key point that the Android tablets will run most phone applications, but so would the original iPad. In many cases it still took native tablet apps to take full advantage of the resolution and form factor. In this regard the Playbook may actually leapfrog Honeycomb in terms of applications, and if it incorporates Android apps quickly, that will just add to it. The support for Air and Flash should give the PB a good start. We shall see!

I personally am buying an iPad 2 tomorrow. Worst case I sell it later for something better.

I think 6.1 looks pretty good myself. I love the new icons and I think the general look and feel is the most polished on the market. iOS is close, but I really like what RIM has done.
    I hear ya, I'm waiting two weeks for the Playbook to drop.
    04-05-11 11:59 AM
    Like someone mentioned before, there is limited HC only apps but almost all of the other apps run perfectly on it. **** angry birds looks fantastic on the xoom. Most all the android 2.2+ work just fine and really dont need to be changed to "hd" or whatever iOS calls them. Especially if you have to re-buy them again. it would be nice to get more tablet made apps though for sure.
    04-05-11 12:12 PM
    i saw plenty of iPad 2 advertising before the release. And not for nothing but Apple is on top of the world right now and really doesnt need any unboxing or advertising.....Blackberry needs a lot more than apple at this point. The BBM flirt commercial is a great start but where is all the playbook advertisements.

I spoke to a bunch of friends the other day and nobody has even heard of the playbook for the most part.
    People who are not technically savvy, don't really know the difference between and ipad, xoom or playbook. They are going to walk into staples and have their eyes glaze over as they try to figure things out.

RIM will be fine despite your prognostications, and your circle of friends.
    04-05-11 01:07 PM
141 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD