04-06-11 04:49 PM
141 1234 ...
tools
    I dub thee Sir Atrix....I dub thee Sir Galaxy...I dub thee Sir Thunderbolt...I dub thee Sir iPhone 3 and Sir iPhone 4. Hmmm....it kinda works up to a point.
    Admittedly, trying to tell Droids apart is like trying to find a unique cigarette bu. I saw a lineup the other day in an ad, and it was sad. Oh, well, somebody has to keep the charger industry humming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 09:56 PM
    A quantum leap is a small leap...they were being honest....they are an honest company...

or...maybe he was referring to this:

"...a physicist who becomes lost in time following a time travel experiment, temporarily taking the places of other people to put right what once went wrong"
    1magine likes this.
    03-24-11 09:59 PM
    It's nice to hear carriers are excited about the new 6.1 handsets.....but not from RIM themselves. Of course they'll say that. I'm sure carriers are excited to have better Blackberrys but they're probably exaggerating. I don't blame them because it's a smart business move.

Like many of you have said, they have said this before and underwhelmed the industry *cough Storm* *cough Torch*

On the other hand, I'm still on a 9550 and have seen improvements they've been making. After all the leaked specs and added software features, I'm excited. But we won't know until we see.
    03-24-11 09:59 PM
    or...maybe he was referring to this:

"...a physicist who becomes lost in time following a time travel experiment, temporarily taking the places of other people to put right what once went wrong"
    Yeah baby ...yeah!

03-24-11 10:01 PM
    Admittedly, trying to tell Droids apart is like trying to find a unique cigarette bu. I saw a lineup the other day in an ad, and it was sad. Oh, well, somebody has to keep the charger industry humming.

Well those two trolls are rather easy to spot. Just look at their past page of posts. They do nothing but come to a BlackBerry site to bash it and talk up other mobile platforms. Life's too short, but that would be assuming they even have a life which is obviously not the case. Why continuously be around something you loathe unless constantly putting it down somehow makes you feel better which in and of itself exposes yet another behavioral problem...
    grover5, Jake Storm, buwee and 3 others like this.
    03-24-11 10:02 PM
    Milk of Magnesia? I remember that stuff. I tested many batches of it early in my career at Sterling Drug. Now there's a blast from the past.
    03-24-11 10:05 PM
    "super phones" are "regular" phones in the competitions eyes
    03-29-11 12:38 AM
    Well those two trolls are rather easy to spot. Just look at their past page of posts. They do nothing but come to a BlackBerry site to bash it and talk up other mobile platforms. Life's too short, but that would be assuming they even have a life which is obviously not the case. Why continuously be around something you loathe unless constantly putting it down somehow makes you feel better which in and of itself exposes yet another behavioral problem...
    Then why not ban these clowns? It is starting to become a very unpleasent experience whenever I come into this site. Like you said if they don't like BB's they should GTFO. I have a Samsung Captivate and a HTC Desire Z and are starting to warm to them but no way am I going to give up my Torch (until a new BB comes out that is ) Despite what anyone says I still think Blackberry 's are the undisputed king when it comes to email handling, battery life, notifications and security which is why I carry 2 phones around with me everyday.
    03-29-11 02:08 AM
    Wow. I never expected a thread on CB to take such a negative angle...

Any hint of a positive spin and the hyenas run in to tear it to pieces. It used to be just a troll or two, now I'm seeing more threads like this where half the posts are blocked by the Ignore List.

I guess I assumed the Moderators had more power around here than just checking for curse words and eBay links. It seems this site might be hitting its downward slope like many others that let the trolling take over...
    03-29-11 02:31 AM
    I'm not sure what the future holds for crackberry forums but the place is certainly different and a lot less enjoyable lately. Maybe if the new phones this summer really do perform well, that will send all these f*!king a$$hats back to their mommas cryin.... Haha. Or at least reduce the number of degrading posts and comments.

03-29-11 07:54 AM
    Sadly this is true. I have even trolled a bit myself. Right now all rim has to offer is a promise of good things to come. It is disappointing and frustrating to someone who would have gladly bought a storm 3 and been looking at a playbook. However I just don't see the Monaco stacking up to the bionic ove the next 24 months which is now long I hope to be in my next device.

03-29-11 08:13 AM
    Should be very interesting. I hope the new BB's are great phones. Then we simply have more great phones to choose from. Not sure I understand the whole "war" here between phones.

I loved my Bold 9700 and now I am really enjoying my Android. But with that being said, if RIM comes out with some phones that really challenge the competition, nothing is going to stop me from giving those a try if they are indeed great phones.
    03-29-11 09:27 AM
    Yeah it does get very old that some of the people who don't own Blackberry's and just come in here constantly obviously just trying to just stir up the hornets nest don't get banned. They provide zero value add. If you have a Blackberry and are complaining for improvements then that is fine, but if your a Droid who has nothing better to do surf and bash away on a Blackberry forum then that is just pathetic.
    03-29-11 09:56 AM
    I understand this, but I think bragging about such a small leap would be a little stupid.
    The figure of speach is not referring to the size of quantum particles themselves, but what they represent.

Quantum physics redefined a significant portion of physics, so scientists are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were before quantum physics was discovered.
    03-29-11 12:59 PM
    The pifure of speach is not referring to the size of quantum particles themselves, but what they represent.

Quantum physics redefined a significant portion of physics, so scientists are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were before quantum physics was discovered.
    Ok. So the Torch is leaps and bound above what then? Their other touchscreen device, the Storm? RIM is leaps and bounds ahead of where they were because of the Torch? That would make more sense for QNX. The Torch made no significant impact in the smartphone business.
    03-29-11 01:02 PM
    The figure of speach is not referring to the size of quantum particles themselves, but what they represent.

Well the point is when people use "quantum leap" in a sentence, they always mean to say that it's a huge leap over something else. I don't think I ever heard Balsillie backtrack on the "quantum leap" statement and try to explain it as a small leap like many of you are doing, so it's odd you guys are even attempting it. Nobody really believed him in the first place.

And avt had a good question: what competition was the Torch quantum-leaping over? It's fine to say that it leaped over nothing, because you aren't RIM. Don't be all ****-hurt.
    03-29-11 02:20 PM
    I would just like to say before someone tries to say I am bashing the Torch, I do not find it to be a bad device. I am just confused on how they marketed it. "Quantum leap" and "triple axel" IMO sounds like it would be something that would shock the smartphone world.
    03-29-11 02:23 PM
    Ok. So the Torch is leaps and bound above what then? Their other touchscreen device, the Storm? RIM is leaps and bounds ahead of where they were because of the Torch? That would make more sense for QNX. The Torch made no significant impact in the smartphone business.
    Well, it was a totally new form factor for BB. And face it, they take enough heat for the lack of buzz-up they generate for new devices as it is. I mean, how effective would it have been to hype it with something like, 'The new BlackBerry Torch - just another first-gen dud'. 'We showed carriers our new phones, and they collectively couldn't give two sh!ts.'

Granted, the Torch was not earth-shattering technology, and calling it a quantum leap might be a bit over-the-top. But really, for their first foray into touch-screen slider devices, they didn't do too badly, especially when you consider the issues the first Storm had.

So maybe carriers jaws didn't drop so much as somebody's pencil fell on the floor. We'll find out soon enough.

1magine likes this.
    03-29-11 02:53 PM
    Well, it was a totally new form factor for BB. And face it, they take enough heat for the lack of buzz-up they generate for new devices as it is. I mean, how effective would it have been to hype it with something like, 'The new BlackBerry Torch - just another first-gen dud'. 'We showed carriers our new phones, and they collectively couldn't give two sh!ts.'

Granted, the Torch was not earth-shattering technology, and calling it a quantum leap might be a bit over-the-top. But really, for their first foray into touch-screen slider devices, they didn't do too badly, especially when you consider the issues the first Storm had.

So maybe carriers jaws didn't drop so much as somebody's pencil fell on the floor. We'll find out soon enough.

See this makes sense. Like I said earlier, I believe their statements were more of a marketing gimmick to make people go and check it out, than actually having any meaning when it comes to the device. Like when Apple calls a lot of things "magical". Granted I am not ignorant and don't expect a bunny to be pulled out of a capacitive touchscreen, but I do expect something really good when using words like that.
    03-29-11 03:01 PM
    so maybe carriers jaws didn't drop so much as somebody's pencil fell on the floor. We'll find out soon enough.

posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-29-11 03:02 PM

This was tooo funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    03-29-11 03:15 PM
    That can be argued...
    There was nothing significant about the Torchs release. I'm not saying it's a bad device, but there is nothing significant enough for RIM to brag about.
    ?
    Why wasn't it? So if I where to say I would you a bigger city on the other side of the river and I built you a bridge would you still feel the same way? The Torch has made great strides. Its solid works good and hard. Very reliable and durable. Sounds like they are going to reinforce it alittle. I mean a 1.2 ghz cpu in a phone? What's that leaveing htc to do? 1.6ghz? No your not going to control the mars rover with your torch but come on. Rim took the best of both worlds and combined them. You got the bold and a touch screen right together. America wasn't built in a day. You know honestly the other guys is not better.

03-29-11 05:45 PM
    Should have known all I'd find in this thread is one big steaming puddle of pi$$. You guys never fail to disappoint.
    I hear you brother!! ahmen....!!!!!!!

03-29-11 07:12 PM
    Why wasn't it? So if I where to say I would you a bigger city on the other side of the river and I built you a bridge would you still feel the same way? The Torch has made great strides. Its solid works good and hard. Very reliable and durable. Sounds like they are going to reinforce it alittle. I mean a 1.2 ghz cpu in a phone? What's that leaveing htc to do? 1.6ghz? No your not going to control the mars rover with your torch but come on. Rim took the best of both worlds and combined them. You got the bold and a touch screen right together. America wasn't built in a day. You know honestly the other guys is not better.

They took the best of 2008's touch and KB smartphones and put them together. This is actually pretty true if you look at the specs. Corrected it for you. Your welcome.

Like avt said, it doesn't mean it's a bad phone.
    Last edited by alby4ever; 03-29-11 at 07:51 PM.
    03-29-11 07:36 PM
    They took the best of 2008's touch and KB smartphones and put them together. This is actually pretty true if you look at the specs. Corrected it for you. Your welcome.

Like avt said, it doesn't mean it's a bad phone.
    Except it's a 2010 processor.
    03-29-11 07:54 PM
141 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD