04-06-11 04:49 PM
141 123 ...
tools
    RIM CEO Says Carriers' "Jaws Dropped" At New BlackBerry Phones

* "The demand in interest in those products is, like, amazing."

* "The scrambling for them, and trying to get special circumstances for it, is super intense for the various new products."

* "The meetings with the carriers on these products and the level of commitment is outstanding."

* "It's a very substantial enhancement to the product in some profound ways."

* "The products this summer have enormous interest, carrier engagement globally is extremely high."

* "Their jaws dropped -- the carriers'. They love it. And the biggest risk that we have is getting it certified and getting it to market in a certain time."

Read more: RIM CEO Says Carriers' "Jaws Dropped" At New BlackBerry Phones
    03-24-11 06:06 PM
    he is just setting all of you up for major dissapointment.
    03-24-11 06:20 PM
    Well QNX runs the world....extends civilization to explore our universe...has been on Mars!!!(Yes the OS that operates the Mars Rover)

It's very difficult to comprehend the new frontier as consumers we are an the verge of possesing in our day to day lives! The gravity of what's to come is unprescendented! Just awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 06:22 PM
    Well QNX runs the world....extends civilization to explore our universe...has been on Mars!!!(Yes the OS that operates the Mars Rover)

It's very difficult to comprehend the new frontier as consumers we are an the verge of possesing in our day to day lives! The gravity of what's to come is unprescendented! Just awesome!

and it still has yet to prove it can run on phones.
    03-24-11 06:23 PM
    I'll be the guy from now on to fix..."Your little red wagon" ....you just lowered the collective intelligence of all forumers on CB and possibly the entire net...with that one comment!! You should feel good about yourself!

Don't get me wrong! I still love you! Peace friends!

03-24-11 06:25 PM
    and it still has yet to prove it can run on phones.
    Yeah you are right. If it can run something as technical as a space rover, science instruments etc., it doesn't mean it can run something like a phone.
    03-24-11 06:25 PM
    just to clarify, these `jaw droppers` are OS6.1, QNX phones are `early 2012`.
    03-24-11 06:35 PM
    They also said the Torch was going to be a quantum leap over the competition.
    03-24-11 06:55 PM
    *wonders if you Android/iPhone meatheads knight each other with your high powered phones....

Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    03-24-11 07:05 PM
    A quantum leap is a small leap...they were being honest....they are an honest company...

03-24-11 07:08 PM
    just to clarify, these `jaw droppers` are OS6.1, QNX phones are `early 2012`.
    He was also talking about QNX hh's...the carrier partnership starts up to 2 years in advance for co-engineering...so they're jaws are dropping in reference to qnx hh's...PB and most likely the massive evolution from OS 6-6.1

03-24-11 07:12 PM
    A quantum leap is a small leap...they were being honest....they are an honest company...

That can be argued...

quantum   
    [kwon-tuhm] Show IPA
    noun, plural -ta  
    [-tuh] Show IPA
    , adjective
    –noun
    quantity or amount: the least quantum of evidence.
    a particular amount.
    a share or portion.
    a large quantity; bulk.
    Physics .
    a.
    the smallest quantity of radiant energy, equal to Planck's constant times the frequency of the associated radiation.
    b.
    the fundamental unit of a quantized physical magnitude, as angular momentum.
    –adjective
    sudden and significant: a quantum increase in productivity.
    Quantum | Define Quantum at Dictionary.com

There was nothing significant about the Torchs release. I'm not saying it's a bad device, but there is nothing significant enough for RIM to brag about.

Let's not forget the triple axel part. Isn't that a pretty difficult figure skating move?
    Last edited by avt123; 03-24-11 at 07:17 PM.
    03-24-11 07:13 PM
    @avt123

Noted! However I saw it as an expression! A social expression

03-24-11 07:25 PM
    That can be argued...

Quantum | Define Quantum at Dictionary.com

There was nothing significant about the Torchs release. I'm not saying it's a bad device, but there is nothing significant enough for RIM to brag about.

Let's not forget the triple axel part. Isn't that a pretty difficult figure skating move?
    When I read the post I actually was thinking of Quantum particles, which are so small that the largest of them is a neutron, at least I think. Anyway, what was the original topic?

03-24-11 07:56 PM
    I'd love to believe the carriers jaws dropped statements, but RIM's made bold statements like this before (Storm, OS6, etc.) and they haven't delivered so far. "Super Phones" maybe, but I'm keeping my expectations low for 6.1.
    03-24-11 08:16 PM
    Let's all keep in mind that these are the same guys who invited all teh tech bloggers they could find to WES last year so they could see a promo video of OS 6. No device release, no actual OS, no hands on. Just a Promo video. But RIM execs felt the tech community would not want to miss it.
    03-24-11 08:40 PM
    You can say that again!
    1magine likes this.
    03-24-11 08:41 PM
    I remember the hype and what did it turn out to be? "underwhelming" was the general consensus by industry and tech professionals.
    1magine likes this.
    03-24-11 08:44 PM
    @avt123

Noted! However I saw it as an expression! A social expression

I feel you.

When I read the post I actually was thinking of Quantum particles, which are so small that the largest of them is a neutron, at least I think. Anyway, what was the original topic?

I understand this, but I think bragging about such a small leap would be a little stupid.
    03-24-11 08:53 PM

You're right. It was a small leap... over 2008 phones.
    03-24-11 08:56 PM
    My jaw would drop if RIM actually released a non-refresh device that doesn't have any major issues at launch. Now that would be jaw dropping.
    big_time2 and 1magine like this.
    03-24-11 09:36 PM
    Should have known all I'd find in this thread is one big steaming puddle of pi$$. You guys never fail to disappoint.
    dodger_moore likes this.
    03-24-11 09:42 PM
    Should have known all I'd find in this thread is one big steaming puddle of pi$$. You guys never fail to disappoint.
    I hear you! And I feel you!ahmen bro!

03-24-11 09:45 PM
    They're so regular Ex-Lax is crying over spilt Milk of Magnesia. So they're underwhelmed. They've seen squat except an article. Until the devices are in-hand, we're all curious to see what tomorrow brings. If they don't like it, they oughta go download an app and coo like Baby Alive.

03-24-11 09:49 PM
    I dub thee Sir Atrix....I dub thee Sir Galaxy...I dub thee Sir Thunderbolt...I dub thee Sir iPhone 3 and Sir iPhone 4. Hmmm....it kinda works up to a point.
    03-24-11 09:50 PM
141 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD