I have a blackberry curve 9300 and it broke so i had to order another one (same one) So i fully backed up my old one i backed up everything and the SIM card and memory card are still in the old one. My main question is how can i transfer all of my BBM contacts onto my new blackberry without having to send out a request or re-add them or anything? Is there anyway i can transfer them and my pin on their contact list would update so it would be like i never got a new phone? so basically i want to restore my BBM contacts to the new phone without me having to send a request or them receiving a request from me and be able to talk to them and see the updates and such without having to invite them again.
    how can i do this?
    thanks!
    09-29-11 04:44 PM
    Hello LULU

Does the old phone work at all?
    IF the Only phone works at all you can plug it into Desktop Manager and do what is called a Device switch wizard,
    With a device switch wizard all of your contacts will be transfered to the new phone without the need re request everyone.

And Welcome to Crackbery
    09-29-11 05:11 PM
    Hello LULU

Does the old phone work at all?
    IF the Only phone works at all you can plug it into Desktop Manager and do what is called a Device switch wizard,
    With a device switch wizard all of your contacts will be transfered to the new phone without the need re request everyone.

And Welcome to Crackbery
    thanks so much and yes my old one works decently , but i have heard that when you restore it your contacts wont see your updates and display picture is that true?
    09-29-11 05:18 PM
    thanks so much and yes my old one works decently , but i have heard that when you restore it your contacts wont see your updates and display picture is that true?
    If you use the device switch wizard from OLD phone to NEW Phone your contacts wont even know you changed phones, everything will go just fine.

very few people noticed I had moved from my 9800 to my 9900 except to ask me when I was sending them a BBM request, which I never had to do.
    09-29-11 05:23 PM
    If you use the device switch wizard from OLD phone to NEW Phone your contacts wont even know you changed phones, everything will go just fine.

very few people noticed I had moved from my 9800 to my 9900 except to ask me when I was sending them a BBM request, which I never had to do.
    what do you mean except to ask me when i was sending them a bbm request?
    09-29-11 05:29 PM
    what do you mean except to ask me when i was sending them a bbm request?
    My BBM status said "Yaaa!! I got a Bold 9900" after getting the Bold 9900, people assumed I'd be requesting them when I changed phones, but they were reading it off of my new phone,
    which shows they CAN read my status after a device switch wizard
    09-29-11 09:46 PM
    hi guys,on my bb desktop,switch devices isnt active when i plugged in my 9800,how do i then transfer my bbm contacts?
    02-20-13 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD