I restored contact list from the SD card without issue. All 130 contacts are there. Can't get it to send the new PIN out though.

This is a screen damaged 9650 to a refurbed 9650. Used DM for restore. All fine including email setup. Then I restored the contact list form the SD card. Still no PIN notification to the contacts without me sending a message and waiting for a response "would you like to invite this contact?"

Someone said there was a menu option to "send new PIN to contacts" Can't find that. Any suggestions on how to automatically send the PIN to my 130 contacts? Thank you
    01-07-11 11:54 AM
    Um, when you switch devices and restore your contacts, your pin number changes on THEIR phones. You don't have to send your new pin out unless you lose a contact.
    01-07-11 01:27 PM
    Thanks I understand that. But there lays the issue. The PINS have not updated. I checked our other BBs and they reflect the old PIN. Very strange and have seen the issue within other forums. So now I am re- inviting 130 contacts. Not a bad exercise as it rids my list of those who have gone to Droids or iPhones (or have no interest in re-connecting with me).
    01-07-11 02:27 PM
    Thanks I understand that. But there lays the issue. The PINS have not updated. I checked our other BBs and they reflect the old PIN. Very strange and have seen the issue within other forums. So now I am re- inviting 130 contacts. Not a bad exercise as it rids my list of those who have gone to Droids or iPhones (or have no interest in re-connecting with me).
    Sorry that this happened to you! That's a lot of work to re-invite all your contacts. Hope you get back everyone you wanted.
    01-07-11 07:57 PM
    Yep all good thanks. Verizon sent me a note about the need to register Host table with Blackberry. I did but by that time I had already done the re-invites. Hopefully the back up works for next time. By the way what does PM for pin mean (the PM part) ? How's the new guv ? I'm in NYC
    01-08-11 09:53 AM
    Yep all good thanks. Verizon sent me a note about the need to register Host table with Blackberry. I did but by that time I had already done the re-invites. Hopefully the back up works for next time. By the way what does PM for pin mean (the PM part) ? How's the new guv ? I'm in NYC
    Hiya,
    PM means Private Message. You can click my name (or anyone's name for that matter) and choose to send a private message.

Andrew Cuomo is the man who will save our state...so says everyone who remembers his father!!!! He's cute anyway. LOL
    01-08-11 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD