10-13-11 10:09 AM
29 12
tools
    well every thread i reply to in the Native Apps Forum, i do just that. i direct them to my FAQ thread. why dont you link to it also in your sig so people can see it even more.
    09-11-09 12:10 AM
    I upgraded to 5.0 with no problems on my curve 8330. As such, I sent a bbm to my girlfriend telling her to do the same on her curve. Oh crap, she's not the right OS, no more icon. Now I feel awful. I feel like I'm in damage-control mode.

I've been texting with her briefly, and I'm not entirely sure if she tried downgrading. So one of two things is going on:

1) All she did was install 5.0, and has no icon. Are her contacts as good as gone? Or could she upgrade her OS, reinstall 5.0 and have the contacts?

Alternatively, could she do a dm backup, uninstall 5.0 - reinstall 4.6 and then restore from dm? In short, although the messenger icon is gone, are the bbm contacts still somewhere?

2) She might have tried installing 4.6 using an OTA link I sent her. If this is the case, I know how to get back the icon, but she'll lose her bbm contacts (uninstall and reinstall). Could she try backing up her bbm contacts first? Then uninstalling, reinstalling and restoring.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I really feel terrible, as she is an avid bbm user. I feel awful, and would love a glimmer of hope.

What about her actual phone contacts? Should I be concerned at all for those?

Thanks you so much!
    10-11-09 06:25 PM
    I am using a BB curve 8520, OS 5... tried to install new BBM (official release -not ?Beta) and lost all contacts when it failed downloading and had already erased the old bbm... so i used "JL_Cmder" a program available online, to view the event log on my BBcurve, and found each contact PIN within the log... just thought i'd share my solution
    07-31-11 08:52 AM
    So this is a mess

I have the latest DM.
    I have a good OS6 on my Torch.
    I have a full backup from DM.

I restored all (yes a full restore) after I did a "wipe" on the phone, and my BBM contacts and groups are not restored.

Is this the end? Or am I missing something?

Help
    10-13-11 10:09 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD