Hey all,

I just changed from bold 9000 to bold 9700. But after restoring my contact list for BBM in the new device all my contacts are there but in shadow, I can send them messages but cannot receive any replies. In their list I am shown as unreachable (the red cross). Several people tried to re-add me, but when they entered my new PIN they got a message "contact already exist". Other re-added me but the invitation never got into my new device.

I did not delete the contact list in my old device.

Is there any way to fix this?
    Help....

Thanks a lot!!
    02-21-10 10:07 AM
    Have you gone out to your e-mail settings (BIS account) and changed your PIN number on there? It may still be pointing to your old PIN number.

Your friends shouldn't have to re-add you. The switch should be automatic and their BBM lists should be updated with your new PIN.

The other thing is to resend your service books. That should reset your BBM permissions.
    02-21-10 10:35 AM
    How can I go to my BIS account and change my PIN? And how can I resend my service book?

Do you mean my provider account? In Germany you don't provide the PIN, and I never registered my email to my plan.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mira.Suw; 02-21-10 at 10:58 AM.
    02-21-10 10:49 AM
    Call your cell phone provider and ask for a Blackberry Rep... ask them to double check your account and be sure your PIN is registered and and then have them resend your Service Books.
    02-21-10 12:59 PM
    My account is already linked with my new PIN What else are the possibilities? I even tried not to restore my contact list but re-add each contact manually, their acceptance never went into my bbm... what could be wrong?

Is it necessary that I delete all the contacts in my old device first?
    02-21-10 03:25 PM
    I had your same problem, logged into the BIS configuration and set the PIN and IMEI of the new device. The thing is, that I wrote the IMEI the way it is shown in the BB, with some periods between the numbers. I've just entered the IMEI without any periods, only numbers and the problem got fixed.

Hope this works for you too.

MDWN
    03-07-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD