03-15-14 03:22 AM
33 12
tools
    The person who was talking about a .cod file was correct. The only way to remove BBM from the latest version of OS 5 (5.0.0.593) is to remove the .cod file.

The file in question is net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod and there are two ways to remove this.

- remove this file from the Java folder in C:\Program FIles\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700AllLang_v5.0.0.593_P5.1.0.147\Java
    - Use CrackUtil http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/ to remove the file from your phone. I have not actually tried this method but it should work.

I used the first method and it worked fine.
    05-02-10 10:57 AM
    Ok! I'll try the first method for sure as I already modded my installation folder re-adding the 3 Magic Games actually removed from the last version.
    I'll let you know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 11:19 AM
    For what it's worth, there is no:

C:\Program FIles\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\

...folder on my system here with DM 5.01. The parent folder is there, but not the "Shared" folder, or anything with "Java" in the name for that matter.

Nor in the application folder, that I can find - which is on my D: partition.
    05-03-10 02:37 AM
    About the fact of the browser, I was saying that you must open your BlackBerry browser (configured in the options as Browser, not Internet Explorer or Firefox) and navigate to the website up here, and go for installing BBM via OTA directly from there, like you do usually when you install an app via OTA without AppWorld.

If that version is prior the one you have installed, you should still be able to install over yours.

When you're be finished, BBM will be listed in your Application list under App-on instead of Core, from where it will be removable!
    I just want to thank you, and the others who posted instructions on how to do this. I was able to successfully remov BBM from my Tour tonight, very easily.
    05-11-10 03:27 AM
    You're welcome!
    05-13-10 12:20 PM
    I just deleted BBM from .591, go to blackberry.com/messenger from your phone's browser and download the newest version (it didn't come with the .591 update) and install it, then BBM will be moved to the "add on" apps. Then you'll be able to delete it.
    This is what I did also and it worked great. I didn't use BBM often and it was running all the time. Need to conserve my battery.
    07-04-10 08:52 AM
    My BBM is out also. I don't have a data plan so I've replaced the BBM with a messenger that works with wifi on my 8900
    07-04-10 09:07 AM
    Thank you MissJennell#IM!
    Last edited by Mark du Preez; 03-15-14 at 03:24 AM. Reason: It went to wrong place.
    03-15-14 03:22 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD