Does anyone know how to remove BBM from the 9900? I've always removed BBM from previous Blackberries - as I just don't use it. However, on the 9900 when you go into Application Management, the delete option doesn't appear on BBM..........or am I missing something
    09-01-11 10:36 AM
    use desktop manager?
    gavinl1967 likes this.
    09-01-11 10:57 AM
    Don't think you can. It's considered a core application and is greyed out as "required" in the DM.
    gavinl1967 likes this.
    09-01-11 11:28 AM
    Sorry, what that person said then. ;-)
    gavinl1967 likes this.
    09-01-11 11:29 AM
    Thanks for all your suggestions.

BBM is now gone from my Bold 9900!! It was as simple as installing the latest BBM upgrade - I was running the version that came pre-installed on the phone. I then went back into Application Management, where the 'delete' option had become available. I clicked on delete and one re-boot later and BBM is gone
    09-01-11 01:26 PM
    Nowadays I probably wouldn't remove it...

Apps are going to start relying on it more and more and they don't always do a dependency check....
    09-01-11 01:27 PM
    thanks for the update. I updated BBM on my 9900 and then could delete BBM afterwards.

I am soooooo happy,I hate my blackberry so much but am forced to have it by work policy.

All I want is a phone, with internet, and a device to receive/send my emails. Why do I have to put up with all the garbage that comes with phones these days ?? Why does RIM force me to search BB's to find a way of deleting cr*p software I don't want and will never use.
    11-13-11 03:10 AM
    BBM is part of the core operating system. It should not really be removed. As Papped says, more and more apps are starting to use BBM for themselves and may cause problems if they find a needed resource is not present.

Nonetheless, if you want to remove BBM then you need to delet a single file from your phone called net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod. You cannot do this by normal means. You will need to use a program called BBSAK or CrackUtil. Both are free and CrackUtil is avalable on Crackberry.

If you do remove BBM, I know that BlackBerry App world won't install without this file so you have a clear choice.
    11-13-11 03:57 AM
    Thanks for all your suggestions.

BBM is now gone from my Bold 9900!! It was as simple as installing the latest BBM upgrade - I was running the version that came pre-installed on the phone. I then went back into Application Management, where the 'delete' option had become available. I clicked on delete and one re-boot later and BBM is gone
    04-24-14 11:16 AM
    now how will you download it again can you give me some site thank you
    04-24-14 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD