This is something that started happening recently in BBM and through PIN messaging with a few contacts. I will go to send them a message and immediately I will get a large red X.

Does that mean that their service is deactivated? It does not happen with every contact, but every now and then when I try to message a contact I get this and was wondering what it meant.

I know when I used to message a contact, if their service was down or turned off you would get the send confirmation but would never get the D for delivered. But this is something new that recently began showing up, at least for me.

Can someone please explain? Thanks.
    03-02-12 10:45 PM
    It happened to me today. I sent a BBM to someone and almost immediately got the red X. Turns out he switched back to iPhone in the last few days, and has no BB service.
    03-03-12 01:23 AM
    red x = unable to deliver message. i get it when im out of service zones, never got it for bbm but a couple of times its showed up when sending emails.
    03-03-12 10:18 AM
    It happened to my brother as he was trying to send SomEone a message and this showed up , I tried sending to the same person and it showed dilevered !
    03-03-12 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD