The "display new message indicator" in the BBM options is set to Yes, so that is not it.

The BBM icon itself gets a red star, the LED flashes, and the top of the home screen shows the little BBM icon, but the big Messages icon (the one I have everything go into) does not get a red star for BBM's.

Anyone now how to fix this? It's driving me crazy
    12-22-10 01:26 AM
    The "display new message indicator" in the BBM options is set to Yes, so that is not it.

The BBM icon itself gets a red star, the LED flashes, and the top of the home screen shows the little BBM icon, but the big Messages icon (the one I have everything go into) does not get a red star for BBM's.

Anyone now how to fix this? It's driving me crazy
    If you open BBM, go to Options, there is a box to check for show chats in messages applications.
    Is that what you want?
    12-22-10 07:50 AM
    No the BBM chats show up in the messages folder. The only thing that I'm missing is the red star on the messages folder when I get a BBM.
    12-22-10 09:40 AM
    have you tried a batt pull to see if that resets it? If you didn't already do that, give it a shot it may fix the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 10:46 AM
    Try Messages/options/inbox management/and scroll to the bottom to check the box for text messages.

That's on OS6 but OS5 must be similar in some way...see if that makes a difference.
    12-22-10 12:06 PM
    yea, I've tried the battery pull, that didn't do anything.

The problem isn't that I'm not getting the BBM messages in my messages folder. I am. The problem is that the red star doesn't pop up on the messages folder for BBM messages like it does for SMS or emails.
    12-22-10 05:31 PM
    Hi! I have the same problem as Nihilist on both my BB (9700 with OS 6) and my wife's (Pearl 3G, OS 5) devices. Got this problem after installing last version of BBM yesterday.
    BBM by itself works fine, it shows star when new message arrives, this message appears in "Messages" application. But "Messages" application does not show star at this time as it does when new SMS or email arrives. I tried everything on both "Messages" and BBM options, reinstalled BBM and made o dozen of restarts. Nothing helped.
    12-22-10 06:00 PM
    So no solutions to this small, yet extremely annoying, problem?
    12-23-10 01:30 PM
    So no solutions to this small, yet extremely annoying, problem?
    I was just wondering what your outcome on this was. No luck yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 05:28 PM
    same problem here, so annoying!
    12-28-10 12:55 PM
    No answers yet.

Here's hoping!
    01-03-11 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD