I know this is an odd question, but hopefully someone knows the answer.

We know that with the old BBM (pre 5.0) there would be an indicator as to whether or not someone received/looked at the BBM. Specifically the older Curve and 88XX series phones.

Can someone SEE and READ the BBM msg itself WITHOUT causing the indicator to change from "delivered" to "read"?

For example, with the new BBM/phones...you don't necessarily have to click ON the message and trigger the change from "delivered" to "read" to see part of or all of the BBM sent.

Anyone?
    11-22-10 11:47 PM
    Yes, if they have "Save Chat History" turned On within BBM options.

You can highlight the chat> Hit menu button> View Chat History. You can then scroll and view what the person wrote without the "d" turning to "r"
    11-23-10 12:16 AM
    but you can't see the actual content of the message if you don't use this method...correct? In order to actual read the msg or know what it is...you would have to change the D to an R?
    11-23-10 11:36 AM
    I'm not good with double negatives, but yes, that is correct. If you have chat history on and use that you can read the whole message without it turning to "r"

Other then that, there's no other way to view the whole message without it turning to "r"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD