I'm having a very interesting problem:

I had BBM 5.0 installed before I upgraded the OS to the new official 5.0 release.

After installation of the new OS, I could not find the BBM icon, so I downloaded app world. After app world installed, a "restore BBM" icon appeared under "downloads" I clicked the icon, selected "restore," the device rebooted and once again the icon was gone.

Then I went into desktop manager to roll back to BBM 4.7. I installed it and uninstalled 5.0. 4.7 then worked fine. I went back to app world to upgrade, downloaded 5.0 and installed, but then again, instead of the BBM 5.0 Icon, I got the "archive" icon from before.

Deleting the "BBM 5.0 (archive)" icon also deletes appworld.

What. the. eff.
    10-26-09 09:46 PM
    Dude, I am having the same issues and it's driving me nuts. I can get the BBM icon to appear(after a few battery pulls) and then when you press the button it asks if you want to restore. If you hit cancel it doesn't do anything, and if you hit the icon again, the same damn question comes up. If you say yes to restore, the damn icon disappears. I give up.
    10-26-09 10:05 PM
    Just relax, there is a glitch when installing BBM 5! There is a long pause after you begin installing the app, but if you have a lot of patience, the app will install, but it will take like 5 minutes or more!! After that the icon will appear in the IM folder.
    10-26-09 10:14 PM
    I uninstalled and reinstalled. I waited about 30 minutes and nothing showed up in any folders. Then I did a battery pull and it showed on my home page. But, when you hit the icon is asks you to restore from archive. And then when you hit restore, it disappears again. I'm just going in circles with this.
    10-26-09 10:53 PM
    Everyone is telling me to get the app from blackberry.com. But, it doesn't give me an option to download it from my computer. I can email it to myself, but all the email contains is the same blackberry website I was just at without an option to download bbm
    10-26-09 10:56 PM
    Any update? I'm having the same issue with 5.0.
    10-26-09 11:11 PM
    same problem. when i downloaded app world is says uncaught exception. then says a bunch of crap afterward. i keep reinstalling and it does the same thing over and over. same thing is happening with AIM as well.
    10-26-09 11:28 PM
    This is truly bizarre, and very annoying. Mine is doing the same. I've spent the last half hour uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling, to no avail. BBM gets archived, I delete it, but inexplicably it actually deletes app world!

I reinstall app world, try to download BBM, but it thinks I already have it, and asks me if I want to reinstall. This is driving me nuts.

I'm not surprised BBM is top of the download list if everyone is trying this same thing to get the damn program to work!

Anyone know what we can do?
    10-27-09 12:20 AM
    From the phones browser go to blackberry.com/messenger and you can download it ota that way. It did the same thing for me in app world but worked this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by csalem77; 10-27-09 at 12:27 AM.
    10-27-09 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD