I am having a confusing time with the native calendar application on my BB 8900. It is running BB OS on Rogers.

It is not running and syncing the way I think it should or at least I am quite confused about why it is behaving in a certain manner.

I maintain a Google (Gmail) Calendar online with Google's web interface using my iMac computer. I would like it to sync with the BB 8900. I am also running the Google Sync app on the 8900.

When I am on the BB 8900 and I go and click the "select calendar" option within Calendar, I get the "Show all" as well as "Default", "Facebook", "@rogers.blackberry.net" and "@gmail.com" calendars that I can select for.

When I click on "option" in the Calendar menu, it shows the 4 calendars I have listed above. The things that are confusing me is the fact that although I barely use my Facebook account (or the Facebook app on the BB) for anything at all. (In other words, I don't maintain any type of "Facebook calendar" that I know of.) My Facebook calendar has 181 entries!!! (Where did these entries come from since I barely use Facebook in any manner?) When I click on my "gmail.com" calendar, it shows I have 124 entries. The other interesting thing is if I go now and look at events on the BB Calendar app, I actually see appointments or events that I have just inputted into my Google calendar (done on my iMac) show up on my BB 8900 but as an event in my Facebook calendar!!! How did this happen? Why did this end up in the Facebook calendar and not the Gmail calendar!?

I am really confused. I also hoped to clean this up so that everything appears on the 8900 (as it properly should) as an entry in my Gmail calendar.

Wonder if anyone can help?

Thank you.
    06-10-10 12:21 AM
    There syncing. Facebook has an options menu for syncing contacts and calenders. Facebook app>BB button>Options...
    06-10-10 01:04 AM
    Yes. I agree. Something is syncing. This Facebook app options menu DID previously have the calendar syncing option "on". I had not turned it on it must have been the default setting. However I have since turned it off and my 8900 still syncs with the "Facebook calendar" despite the fact that I don't have a Facebook calendar per se AND items I enter into my Gmail calendar on my computer ends up syncing onto the 8900 as a Facebook calendar entry.

Why is this happening?
    06-10-10 07:53 AM