Just managed to brick my 9930 for the first time, after just downloading the latest version of App World over wifi.

Now I was able to unbrick using App Loader (thank you crackberry!) but now every time I send a message to a BBM contact it quickly shows the message as having been delivered to the recipient (which it isn't) and asks me if I want to re-invite them as they no longer have me as a contact.

I tried restoring contacts using the .CON backup file saved onto the phone from within messenger, and from Desktop Manager, but there's no difference.

You know, this is really frustrating. I've switched blackberries many many many times, but I can't remember any time since maybe OS4 that I've ever had to re-invite all my contacts when I get a new phone. Now simply by restoring the data onto my existing phone I have to re-invite everyone? No, this can't be right!
    11-21-11 06:43 PM
    that is odd.
    ive had that with DM restores, but never SDcard restores.
    11-21-11 06:48 PM
    A few hours ago I switched from a 9810 to a 9900 and got that with my first contact, but after that it worked. Either there was a problem with the servers or maybe it takes a little while for the changes to propagate through the system. In my case it was a new phone/pin. I restored the contacts using a backup on the sd card from the 9810.
    11-21-11 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD