I have been reading post after post about how to get BBM 4.X back after an unsuccessful upgrade to BBM 5. I have tried all of the suggestions.

My phone runs OS 4.3.xxx. I accidentally tried to upgrade to the BBM 5 without realizing my OS was too old. I deleted the BBM 5 and tried to download BBM again, but the link must be to the new BBM because it says my device is not compatible.

I use a MacBook Pro, so installing apps is different, but I put my Desktop Software CD onto a PC at work. I tried to run the application upload but there is no Blackberry Messenger to choose to install. I am not at that computer now so I can't tell you which version of DM I have, but it is the CD that came with my Curve 8300 that I got in January of 09.

I downloaded Desktop Manager for Mac today, but when I open it and connect my phone, NOTHING happens. It acts like I didn't connect by BB and there are no options available.

I sure could use some help.

10-19-09 08:02 PM
    Don't worry the MAC DM is easy to use. After you connect your BB, double click on the DM icon. Do a backup, then click on applications, it will take a few minutes, be patient. Update your OS and you will be able to download BBM 5.0 afterwards.
    10-19-09 08:38 PM
    Don't worry the MAC DM is easy to use. After you connect your BB, double click on the DM icon. Do a backup, then click on applications, it will take a few minutes, be patient. Update your OS and you will be able to download BBM 5.0 afterwards.
    Thanks. When I open DM, it starts the program, but all I get is the window that says "To begin, connect your phone." All the menu's are greyed out. The BB icon shows up on my Finder, however, so my computer is recognizing it.

This is frustrating, for sure.
    10-20-09 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD