Sorry for 2 posts in one day, BUTTTTT

I deleted Password Keeper off my Tmobile Blackberry Curve in an attempt to clear up some space. No, go figure, after I deleted it, I actually NEED it.

Is there a place I can re download the program for free or cheap? If not, is there anyway I can get it back?

Thanks in advance.
    07-18-08 06:39 PM
    You can get your program back at no charge. Here's how.

Go to the T-Mobile site here Unsupported Browser and download the Operating System for the 8320 (your phone). I assume that you are in the US so I cave you the T-Mobile US site.

Intsall this software on your PC.

Make sure that you have Desktop Manager installed on your PC. If you do not have it installed then you cann get it here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22. You need Desktop Manager v4.5.

This too needs installing.

Once all this is done connect your phone and your applications will be restored automatically.

If this does not happen then please get back here and we will try to sort it out for you.
    07-18-08 07:18 PM
    Thanks so much, Pete! Im gonna try this later on tonight - Ill let you know if it works.
    07-18-08 07:26 PM
    ...I deleted Password Keeper off my Tmobile Blackberry Curve in an attempt to clear up some space...after I deleted it, I actually NEED it...
    Pete's advice will help you recover the app. I'm curious as to what could cause you to need it. It serves no function other than to create and store passwords. If you are expecting it to automatically supply passwords to apps, you will be dissatisfied.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 07:33 PM
    Jeff is correct(as always) It really does serve no function but to store passwords. But to each his/her own. Follow Petes advice and you'll be just fine. Post back if you have any more questions or concerns.
    07-18-08 07:45 PM
    Pete's advice will help you recover the app. I'm curious as to what could cause you to need it. It serves no function other than to create and store passwords. If you are expecting it to automatically supply passwords to apps, you will be dissatisfied.

Jeff or anyone. Is there a better program to use for maintaining passwords? My problem is that I bought my BB used on EBay and password keeper is password protected and the previous owner does not remember the password he set.
    07-28-08 10:51 PM
    Just put the password in 10 times. It will wipe PK clean. Then you can set whatever you want. Keep in mind PK will be replaced by BB wallet

07-28-08 11:03 PM
    I tried the advice given on here and I got it to work! Thanks, again, guys.

& as for what I need the program for - I have various different Email addresses and websites I login into for various reasons. They dont all have the same password/username because some are company issued, and some are used by more than one person. I had an ongoing list in my planner, but since I use my BB for EVERYthing now,I wanted to transferthem over.
    07-29-08 12:21 AM
    is there any programs that will save and remember your passwords and also inputs the username and password for you on various websites like how the firefox browsers does it?
    11-18-08 08:47 AM
    I am a newbie, I just got my bb curve for christmas. My provider told me that putting in the password incorrect 10x will erase my whole device. He said it happened to his bro. I've already tried putting it in 6x. I'm reading on here that that isnt true but I am scared! I tried clearing it with the desktop mgr but that didnt work. Thanks!
    12-29-08 08:19 PM
    Entering your DEVICE password incorrectly 10 times will indeed wipe all personal information from your device. Entering the PASSWORD KEEPER password incorrectly 10 times will only wipe the contents of the password keeper. That's the difference. Which are you doing?
    12-29-08 10:31 PM
    Thanks for your response. I double posted and got my answer. I do not have the password enabled on the device, just the password keeper. I'm gonna go ahead and try it. THANK YOU
    12-29-08 10:43 PM
    hate to break it to ya, but putting an incorrect pw into pw keeper doesnt wipe it out. i tried at least 20 wrong pw's and it still got me nowhere. i deleted the app, now i cant get it back even thru desktop manager, the app is not on the list. not happy about this, especially since it was my dumbass that forgot my original pw. sigh.
    11-11-10 06:54 PM
    Interesting. What device and OS are you using?

11-11-10 07:28 PM
    Just put the password in 10 times. It will wipe PK clean. Then you can set whatever you want. Keep in mind PK will be replaced by BB wallet

What is BB Wallet and when will this be happening?
    12-30-10 01:36 PM
    What is BB Wallet and when will this be happening?
    BB Wallet is actually BlackBerry Wallet and is available for free in app world. Aside from storing passwords, you can store credit cards, loyalty/reward cards and shipping info and it has an autofill option (haven't figured that one out yet). I personally just started suing BB Wallet but still have password keeper on my BB since I haven't decided if I like BB Wallet or not.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Wallet
    Last edited by Kerri Neill; 12-30-10 at 02:32 PM. Reason: added URL
    xtremeboy likes this.
    12-30-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD