Here goes: Approx. 20% of the time that I receive a BBM and take my phone out of the holster, it opens the BBM screen showing all my chats but does not open the actual message I've just received. When I click on it to open it, it just doesn't. I even tried to press the BB button and select "open chat" but that doesn't work either...The only way I can open the message is after a battery pull...

Does anyone have any idea what could cause that??? Really annoying to have to wait 5 minutes for a battery pull to send a 5 character reply to someone

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 11:12 PM
    Personally I turned this feature off so that when I pull the device from the holster it will not open the messages. It happened once to me and that was enough for me to turn it off.

Ever since BBM 5.0 series came out I have noticed random times / events where BBM will not open the messages after a particular action with no reasoning behind it.
    06-19-10 11:17 PM
    Well that sux....How do u turn that feature off?? Sorry for the newbie question!

06-20-10 08:02 AM
    Go to your SMS or Messages folder, press menu then go to options. From here scroll down til you see "Auto open newest message after removing device from holster" and set this to never. This will disable that from happening.
    06-20-10 08:04 AM
    Damn I feel stupid...Thanks a lot guys...It really sucks that I have to disable that feature, I really liked that the message opened when I removed the phone from the holster...Less f***ing around...Oh well...

06-20-10 08:08 AM
    Yeah, hopefully it will be fixed in a later release of BBM, since that seems to be the main issue. There used to be a similar issue with using QuickLaunch to launch BBM, but that has been fixed, so there is hope.
    06-20-10 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD