I'm still new to BBM, and had, what I think, a strange occurance. I received a request from a randoom person, but I have not given out my pin to anyone. Is there a way to hide my pin so it cannot be found by random strangers???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 09:32 PM
    The person probably doesn't really "have your PIN". If you haven't given your PIN to anyone, then it's already "hidden from random strangers".

The request is just spam. Probably random number generator.

Ignore the request and forget about it.
    01-27-11 09:46 PM
    So you got my request!

Just kidding... I got one of these before.. I think somebody just miss-typed another person's PIN and got me by accident.... Just ignore/delete and it shouldn't come up again....
    01-27-11 11:20 PM
    That has happened to me before too. One time it was this really hot girl from England haha. She had entered her friend's pin in her address book incorrectly, and ended up requesting me. We ended up chatting sometimes, neither one of us deleted eachother. Another time, I was the one who was the random adder. I had restored an old bbm list saved to my memory card, and some of my friends had done warranty exchanges or had lost their phones...and the new person with their phone had their same pin...but obviously their icon pics showed me that the phone wasn't the phone with my friend's current pin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 02:25 AM
    add me 328FC15C
    09-23-11 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD