If i'm in a conversation with, let's call them Ralph, and in the conversation box it will say just below their name "Ralph is writing a message...", and also if I hit back one to the BBM username list it will say the same thing under their name in green writing - does it ONLY say that if they're typing to me?
    01-12-11 09:55 PM
    yes, only to you
    01-12-11 09:59 PM
    not to hijack your thread but since we are on the BBM topic. Sometimes when a contact sends me a pic, it will ask me to accept it first, on other times its will just download the pic and will not ask me that question. similarly when I send someone a pic it will say request sent(so it waits for them to accept) and on other occasions it will send the pic without having to wait for them to accept the request. Any thoughts on why it would do this?

To the OP yes you will see that only if your contact is typing a message that they want to send you. If they are typing to someone else you will not see that message under their name.
    01-13-11 12:04 AM
    not to hijack your thread but since we are on the BBM topic. Sometimes when a contact sends me a pic, it will ask me to accept it first, on other times its will just download the pic and will not ask me that question. similarly when I send someone a pic it will say request sent(so it waits for them to accept) and on other occasions it will send the pic without having to wait for them to accept the request. Any thoughts on why it would do this?

To the OP yes you will see that only if your contact is typing a message that they want to send you. If they are typing to someone else you will not see that message under their name.
    It means some of your bbm contacts are using an older version of bbm. Last version sends and accepts photos automatically but they get sent in a small format, just 45kb. If you want to have a higher quality version of that photo you have to click on it then press the menu and select "request a higher quality version of this photo". After you do that the other person will have to accept the request. It's a way of making sure data is used in an efficient way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ForceFed likes this.
    01-13-11 05:39 AM
    If i'm in a conversation with, let's call them Ralph, and in the conversation box it will say just below their name "Ralph is writing a message...", and also if I hit back one to the BBM username list it will say the same thing under their name in green writing - does it ONLY say that if they're typing to me?
    was it Ralph Cramden you were bbm'ing with? Lol.
    As previous posters have stated, this is normal to see that when the person is typing back to you. Funny thing is when someone is taking foooooooorever to type and you see that little green typing msg, you wonder if they're writing a book or just left the field open with their 'cursor' in it as if they were typing!

01-13-11 07:34 AM
    As previous posters have stated, this is normal to see that when the person is typing back to you. Funny thing is when someone is taking foooooooorever to type and you see that little green typing msg, you wonder if they're writing a book or just left the field open with their 'cursor' in it as if they were typing!

I guess I have a sicker sense of humor, right away I thought of that scene from Cheech and Chong. "His name is Rrrrralph!"

I'm moving this thread to Native Apps (actually by it's probably already there by the time you are reading this!)
    01-13-11 08:55 AM
    I guess I have a sicker sense of humor, right away I thought of that scene from Cheech and Chong. "His name is Rrrrralph!"

I'm moving this thread to Native Apps (actually by it's probably already there by the time you are reading this!)
    LMAO! That one did come to mind afterwards! Along with 'worshipping the porcelain god!'

01-13-11 09:26 AM

I've done that before. Started typing a message and something interrupted me like a phone call and when I got done with the interruption, I forgot about the BBM until I got a message "How long of a novel are you typing!?"
    01-13-11 11:07 AM
    It means some of your bbm contacts are using an older version of bbm. Last version sends and accepts photos automatically but they get sent in a small format, just 45kb. If you want to have a higher quality version of that photo you have to click on it then press the menu and select "request a higher quality version of this photo". After you do that the other person will have to accept the request. It's a way of making sure data is used in an efficient way.

Thank you for the explanation.
    01-16-11 11:43 PM
    I've done that before. Started typing a message and something interrupted me like a phone call and when I got done with the interruption, I forgot about the BBM until I got a message "How long of a novel are you typing!?"
    LOL-it happens to all of us

01-17-11 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD