Theres a major problem with Quicklaunch and the new BB Messenger. If you add BB Messenger to your Quicklaunch menu and access BBM from this, BBM becomes inoperable and the BB Key does nothing. Clicking a group then gives the unhandledexceptionlang error. Only a battery pull can fix this.
    10-08-09 07:42 AM
    Yep I put this in the fixes thread last night but in the OS section. Why is there a finds and fixes thread in 3rd party section when it's not third party.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by puffnstuff; 10-08-09 at 10:29 AM.
    10-08-09 08:24 AM
    Its not a fix tho, smart a$$
    10-08-09 08:29 AM
    So many errors with BBM 5 right now it's not even funny...and it's not just on the Storm, it's all devices. I hope RIM comes out and admits the F'ed up royally and releases the fix.
    10-08-09 08:31 AM
    The QL - BBM 5.0 interaction issues have been around since the leaks for BBM 5.0 came out. As I recall from CheetahAce (the developer of QL), RIM doesnt allow BBM 5.0 to be launched via a 3rd party app or whatever the fancy programing term is. In any case, as a work around I assigned a convenience key to BBM 5.0 and the other to QL and it works great.

As a side note, I've using BBM 5.0 with no problems at all. Good luck man.
    10-08-09 08:59 AM
    Same here and I'm running it on 4.5.077 LMAO
    10-08-09 09:06 AM
    No it's not, its a find, hence "FINDS and fixes" I hope you feel better though.

10-08-09 10:28 AM
    No it's not, its a find, hence "FINDS and fixes" I hope you feel better though.

Exactly. It's a find.
    10-08-09 02:10 PM
    cannn you feeeeel the loveeee tonightttttttttttttt

its also a find for a 3rd party app.

we have a tie~!
    10-08-09 03:27 PM
    Theres a major problem with Quicklaunch and the new BB Messenger. If you add BB Messenger to your Quicklaunch menu and access BBM from this, BBM becomes inoperable and the BB Key does nothing. Clicking a group then gives the unhandledexceptionlang error. Only a battery pull can fix this.
    Observed the same behavior on my Storm. I was just about to post a similar observation when I noticed your message.
    10-08-09 04:20 PM
    Everything works fine on my graet 8330 running 4.5.0.77 and yes with QL
    10-12-09 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD