Sorry if this is a redundant question or in the wrong subforum, I just don't know...

Anyways, I've sent a message or two that has remained delivered (D) for quite some time. If i send a message and the person ends the conversation before technically reading it does it remain delivered on my end for as long as it takes before I end the conversation?

this seems like only real explanation as i can't imagine this person ending the conversation before reading the message
    06-06-10 04:00 PM
    Sometimes the messages just don't show R after being read, I have often noticed messages with a D, and people replying to them.
    06-06-10 04:05 PM
    It is possible that they have ended the conversation without having read the message. I am not sure if it would mark as read or not.
    06-06-10 04:09 PM
    In my experience, if you were to end a conversation before someone responds to your last IM, a new chat will start when they do answer. You will only lose previous the back-and-forth IMs on your BB. In one sense, it's a way to clear stuff, especially if an IM gets pretty long. So you can "end chat" at any time.
    06-06-10 04:12 PM
    Sometimes the messages just don't show R after being read, I have often noticed messages with a D, and people replying to them.
    I have never seen this one time until today. It happened to me and I was wondering if it was just some wacky error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 04:22 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys.

So no one for sure though knows if one ends the conversation before reading it, it remains delivered/D for the message sender?
    06-06-10 05:56 PM
    I've done it before. If someone doesn't read your BBM and just deletes the convo, it will not show the R.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD