Hi all,
    I've searched the forums for an answer to this, but couldn't find one so forgive me if one exists. When I backup my BB, will my passwords be backed up as well? I'm curious b/c my Password Keeper crapped out (the password fails and it no longer masks entries (i.e. you can see my password after it's been typed)) and I want to know if it might be restored. Thanks.
    05-27-09 06:01 AM
    The data you place in Password Keeper is backed up when you use Desktop Manager (DM) to backup your phone.

I am not so sure about Password Keeper's method but the MAIN BB Password module will show what you typed after a certain amount of WRONG tries. That way you can see if you have messed up the UPPER/LOWER case or numerics or what-have-you. Password Keeper may work the same way.

BUT make sure when you attempt to restore, that you do not backup first as you would most likely over-write the good data with your now wiped out password keeper's empty data.
    05-27-09 09:10 AM
    Okay, I tried to restore my password database after having all of it wiped, but now my BB is asking me to enter an old password to convert new entry. Nothing I try works and I'm sure that I have entered a correct password (I've only used 1 or 2). That said, I'd like to just "reset" my Password Keeper so that everything will be new (i.e. new password to enter, new data). How can I do that? Thanks.
    06-02-09 08:44 PM
    Enter the wrong password 10 times and it will wipe Password Keeper without wiping anything else (if you have a password on your BlackBerry and mis-enter 10 times it will wipe the handheld),

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 10:01 PM
    That doesn't work, it's not even recording how many attempts I take. If I enter the wrong password I get: "Incorrect password. Please try again by entering the old password to convert entry."
    06-03-09 11:34 AM
    Earlier this morning, I did a full backup and sync on my 8900 curve and then wanted to see, for myself, exactly what would happen after wiping the device via invalid logon attempts. The device wiped and after it completed wiping, looked brand new / out of the box. I was curious from an IT standpoint as I may have to support these devices in the future and would like to see exactly how to recover from something like this. So I restored my device with the backup I had made earlier and everything seemed fine, except my apps (faceboook, RDM+, etc.) are all asking me for registration numbers or logins. That seems kinda crappy, but I can dig all that up later. My main concern is password keeper. I went to open it and it prompts me with:

A password entry created on 11/12/2009 is protected by an old password. Please enter the old password to convert the entry. I entered my device password, my password keeper password, and i entered nothing as a password (blank), and it still will not "convert" my old password entries.

I have found that while the password prompt in password keeper is up, if the device is locked and unlocked, password keeper will display a list of entries which all read:

Password Keeper
    Decryption Exception Occurred

If i click on one of the entries and click 'change password', it prompts (5 times aka the number of entries I have in password keeper) "Unable to decrypt password store. Corrupted Database". And after that says "Your password has been changed successfully"

I have changed my password keeper password to something other than my old password keeper password just to see if maybe it would jog it loose, but it still the same result.
    11-15-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD