Can anyone tell me if someone deletes you from their BBM and you try to send them a message, what happens? Does it show that it went through or do you get an error message? Thanks!!
    08-16-10 02:40 PM
    If i'm not mistaken they get a message that you are trying to add them as a contact and they have the choice to accept or decline. If I'm wrong, someone PLEASE correct me!
    08-16-10 03:05 PM
    If i'm not mistaken they get a message that you are trying to add them as a contact and they have the choice to accept or decline. If I'm wrong, someone PLEASE correct me!
    last time i checked if they delete you they wont appear in your contact list anymore, now if they accidentally delete bbm it will send them a text message instead of a bbm
    08-16-10 08:16 PM
    If they delete you or you somehow are removed from their phone, you will likely be prompted with a message saying that the contact is no longer a contact and you will be prompted to reinvite them. If you send a message and nothing appears except the check mark (i.e. no little D/R), then chances are that they have switched devices and there is no way to communicate with them unless you get their new PIN. If they blocked you, then you may also see the check mark with no delivery/read confirmation. That will happen as the message left your phone, but is not being delivered to their phone.

And if any of the above is the situation and you're using BBM 5.0.1.38, you will see their avatar (i.e. their picture) is foggy/greyed out. This is typically an indication that your BBM cannot connect to their profile.

Anyhow, I hope that helps.
    08-17-10 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD