I'm a heavy texter. But my 9780 last for 2 days when texting. My girl and I have a plan that she would switch to blackberry phone for us to use the BBM. I just wanna ask if the bbm consumes more battery than sms when used exactly the same I mean "just chatting" and not sending pictures,etc. If anyone has an idea please tell me. Or if the other one is much efficient tell me how many percent it is efficient that the other. Thank you.
    06-20-11 08:19 AM
    no it will not use anymore battery than regular texting
    dereko2 likes this.
    06-20-11 08:21 AM
    no it will not use anymore battery than regular texting
    Partially true. There are two situations where BBM can actually pose a battery drain.

If you have loads of contacts and set BBM to update their status, then BBM will use the device resources a lot more (add Social Feeds into the equation and you got a loser).

The other one is BBM groups. For the same reasons posted above, but now you deal with tasks, calendars, texts, pictures AND messages. It could have be this was fixed, but I am willing to bet it still drains the battery just like it did back when BBM 5 launched.

Me and my ex had a group, just the two of us, so we could easy up the holiday planning thing. Worked great! But batteries suffered. ><
    dereko2 likes this.
    06-20-11 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD