Ok,let me start it from the beginning.For example,me and my gf buy BB and we register for BIS for both BB.

(1)Means that I can use BBM with her free of charge right? Without using any data usage right? Sent and receive BBM is free am I correct?

(2)Another question is,what if my gf go study abroad and she register BIS plan with the country.Can I still BBM her for free? Or there is additional charge? No data usage will be taken right?

(3)If I register BIS but I turn off the data usage so data usage wont be used,can I still BBM her while using WIFI?

(4)It BBM does use data usage,how much it use per msg? Give rough number please
    08-30-10 02:10 AM
    1. Not free
    2. No additional charge, would be the same anywhere in the world
    3. No, BBM uses data, so if it's turned off it won't work.
    4. Very little data at all if you don't do a lot of file sharing. Like maybe a few KB's per message. It uses so little that it's basically free. Would use the same amount of data though whether she's in the room or on the other side of the world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 02:30 AM
    Without a doubt bbm is the best way to keep in touch with loved ones no matter how near or far they are. It's very very data efficient, automatically sends photos at 45kb now and you can request higher quality versions if u want, you can send voice notes at 5-10kb as well and it can almost be used as a walky talky and best of all it works over wifi as well if one is abroad. Even I only had my wife as a bbm contact it would be worth it 100%

08-30-10 05:00 AM
    Well,my country is quite expensive about the data usage.Usually I sms her around 1500-2000 msg per month.Is 5MB data usage is enough? My country give 5MB package for RM40 (malaysia).How much do you think 1500-2000 msg per month used the data?
    08-30-10 07:38 AM
    I would think that you'd be ok, but I'm really not sure. If you go off the assumption that each message is only a couple KB, then you should be ok with that plan, however, if you incorporate the BBM usage with any other data usage, then you'd probably go over, it all depends on how you choose to use the device.
    08-30-10 08:54 AM
    I dont think Ill be online with facebook and everything as I have wireless at home already.Probably can use wireless while using BB.1 more question,if I on wireless and BIS at the same time,using BBM will deduct data usage? What if I open facebook while on wireless and BIS,still deduct usage?
    08-30-10 09:33 AM
    Ok,let me start it from the beginning.For example,me and my gf buy BB and we register for BIS for both BB.

(1)Means that I can use BBM with her free of charge right? Without using any data usage right? Sent and receive BBM is free am I correct?

(2)Another question is,what if my gf go study abroad and she register BIS plan with the country.Can I still BBM her for free? Or there is additional charge? No data usage will be taken right?

(3)If I register BIS but I turn off the data usage so data usage wont be used,can I still BBM her while using WIFI?

(4)It BBM does use data usage,how much it use per msg? Give rough number please

1. Yes, but its not really free of charge, you are paying for the BIS after all, right?

2. Yes you can use it, no problems.

3. I don't know where people here get their info, but the answer to this question is YES, as long as you have a BIS enabled sim card inserted.

4. Yes it does, depends on the message, you can message 'Yes.' or you can message an entire story and they will use different amounts of data. But you can certainly use the 5mb easily so be careful.
    08-30-10 10:10 AM
    I dont think Ill be online with facebook and everything as I have wireless at home already.Probably can use wireless while using BB.1 more question,if I on wireless and BIS at the same time,using BBM will deduct data usage? What if I open facebook while on wireless and BIS,still deduct usage?
    No, you'll not be deducted anything, you have to wait until the wifi icon goes from grey to white, that's when bis is going trough wifi.

08-30-10 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD