I am just wondering when you update your OS and it asks you if you want to make a back up ( recommended ) , does this mean BBM contacts as well?
    04-22-11 08:30 AM
    Yes, it includes BBM contacts and groups too.
    04-22-11 08:33 AM
    You can also backup your contact list within the BBM application as well. Under the options meny it allows you to back them up remotely using your e-mail address, and it gives you an option to make a backup file that saves to your SD.
    04-22-11 08:39 AM
    yeah see, problem is, i lost my blackberry. My last back up was on the 13th of april when i upgraded OS. I know that you can back up contacts from BBM but i can't remember when the last time was, i know it was awhile back. So I don't have the option to back up VIA BBM, because my BB is stolen. So I was wondering when I upgraded the OS last (april 13th ) if it would save my BBM contacts, because when I get my new blackberry, I will just restore to my april 13th back up
    04-22-11 10:51 AM
    ok cool, solved my own problem, i had a old storm and i just tried to restore back to my previous back up using the storm and it worked, all my BBM contacts are there
    04-22-11 11:21 AM
    Yeah, I recommend backing up via your email address through the bbm app, it is the best way to back up your contacts in case something happens. But yes they will also be backed up when updating your OS.
    04-22-11 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD