Haven't used BBM much and had a quick question...

When I am done talking to somebody in chat, do I have to physically "Exit chat"? If I don't, does that mean it is still running in the background and will drain my battery?

I only ask because many times I am talking to someone and the conversation usually just looses steam, but I don't want to be rude and exit because the other person may still want to say things and I exited prematurely. If I do exit chat, do they see it on their BBM that I did?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has already been brought up
    11-15-10 02:04 PM
    BBM is one of those core BB services that is always resident in the background. Exiting the chat will help free up some memory, but that's about it. My wife leaves chats open for weeks, whereas I tend to close most of them daily. I'm a bit OCD.

I don't think the other person can see that you've closed the chat on your end. If they still have it open on theirs, they can look back at previous entries; you can't. That's all.
    11-15-10 02:10 PM
    rrrebo is right, when you close it, the other person can not see you shut your conversation down.

BBM will always be running in the background, and will not be a culprit if faster battery draining.

I close my chats daily, but have history on my memory card if needed.

its a great program and enjoy using it!
    11-15-10 02:13 PM
    Got it! Thanks guys for your quick response! Learning new things on here every day
    11-15-10 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD