three two questions i have
    1) will i lose all my contacts if i upgrade to 5.0
    2)what are the problems right now with text not sending ? are they fixed ?
    3) were can i get 5.0

dont tell me to look it up my self i did and the "official" post about it that links like 3 or 4 other posts including the link on were to get the leaked 5.0 is not working or something .. it keeps taking me to a berryos.com or something like that and i cannot find it on there.
    im asking simple questions and i would really appreciate it if i got simple KIND answers
    i dont need to be flamed just answers please i would really greatly apreciate the help

is it even worth it to install 5.0 ?
    09-12-09 12:49 PM
    1. You will not lose your contacts
    2. As of lately I have not had any issues with the bbm messages not sending on 5.0 though I did have a lot of issues at first
    3. IDK anymore. Did you google bbm 5.0 ota?
    09-12-09 01:26 PM
    three two questions i have
    1) will i lose all my contacts if i upgrade to 5.0
    2)what are the problems right now with text not sending ? are they fixed ?
    3) were can i get 5.0

dont tell me to look it up my self i did and the "official" post about it that links like 3 or 4 other posts including the link on were to get the leaked 5.0 is not working or something .. it keeps taking me to a berryos.com or something like that and i cannot find it on there.
    im asking simple questions and i would really appreciate it if i got simple KIND answers
    i dont need to be flamed just answers please i would really greatly apreciate the help

is it even worth it to install 5.0 ?
    You can get BBM5 HERE
    09-12-09 01:29 PM
    If you use the Over the Air links, you will loose your contacts.

Before you do the install, Use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to make a Backup of your data and settings.

BlackBerry Messenger v5 is still in early Beta testing, there will be bugs. Research is Motion is actively trying to suppress the leaked code, that is why many of the original sources are no longer working. It was a "Take them down, or else" deal. Nobody wants to face Research in Motion in Court.
    09-12-09 01:39 PM
    If you use the Over the Air links, you will loose your contacts.

Before you do the install, Use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to make a Backup of your data and settings.

BlackBerry Messenger v5 is still in early Beta testing, there will be bugs. Research is Motion is actively trying to suppress the leaked code, that is why many of the original sources are no longer working. It was a "Take them down, or else" deal. Nobody wants to face Research in Motion in Court.
    i can confirm, you WILL NOT lose your contacts downloading it OTA. it fully loads your contacts list properly upon reboot.

as for the delayed delivery, its intermittent but not too bad. it was way worse in the beginning. check my sticky FAQ thread in my sig. and if the OP truely searched before posting, he would have found my thread with the working links at the top of this forum.
    09-12-09 07:14 PM
    I downloaded OTA, and did several other phones the same way, lost no contacts, Reed. The only phones I ran into that lost contacts were the folks that tried to download it with an incompatible OS and then had to reload their BBMs.

Here are working links.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 07:33 PM
    Hey folks.....
    I have the official link to get BBM 5.0. My worry is that i will lose my contacts AGAIN. about a week ago i upgraded to the unofficial bbm 5.0 and lost all of them and it didnt even work for me. No icon anyway. i am running OS 5.0.0.191 (platform 4.2.0.43)

does anyone know if i will lose the contacts again if i upgrade. Anyone with experience doing this with my same configs?

Thanks for all your help. Everyone on CB is so nice and helpful
    You can Pin me at 30D3791F
    Dave
    10-08-09 08:06 AM
    Hi Dave, I don't know if the hybrids are the same, but I did a back-up of my contacts, had leaked BBM5 for the longest, and d/l BBM 5 from App world, & didn't have any problems w/my contacts. I am on the Tour runnig OS 4.7.1.53.
    10-08-09 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD