Good Day Crackberries!

I was wondering, is it possible to check your email on the bold through WIFI, WITHOUT using the actual browser? can u?
    10-28-08 06:06 PM
    i was wondering this too?
    10-28-08 06:24 PM
    What would you be using the wifi for, if not the browser :?

I know u can change ur browser settings, so that u can use either Hotspot browser which uses Wifi
    OR Internet browser which uses your data/internet bundle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by The_Bold_Farhad; 10-28-08 at 09:39 PM.
    10-28-08 06:55 PM
    BES email will push via wifi i believe. of course you need a BES plan. BIS email i'm not 100% on but i belive will also work via wifi.
    10-28-08 09:24 PM
    no you cannot use wifi to check email with out the browser
    10-28-08 09:35 PM
    nooo.. I MEAN THE BROWSER if there ofcourse. But do you know how the iPhone 3G has a mail button? Can you access its own menu via wifi? will it notify u when u recieve a message?
    10-28-08 09:42 PM
    no the iphones mail lets you use wifi and will access the mail icon when wifi is connected however rim requires the data for accessing their mail servers and that function

the only way to check the mail would be to use the browser and there would be no way of notifying you if you had mail

however depending on what mail server you use you could forward email to your phone and it would show you who the email is from and it would be directly when you received the email technically this would notify you
    10-28-08 09:45 PM
    BES email will push via wifi i believe. of course you need a BES plan. BIS email i'm not 100% on but i belive will also work via wifi.
    I'm not sure where you got this info, but no, BES email will NOT push through wifi, it goes through the RIM servers, hence its through cellular data. And of course in order for it to work, you will need a BES plan.

Assuming you have a BES plan, try turning off the cellular part off and just leave the wifi on, it won't work.
    10-29-08 08:20 AM
    Your question is not too clear so I was wondering if you can clarify. Ill still try to answer to the best of my ability. well you need a data plan in order to have email pushed to your phone. If you have a data plan you can receive email over wifi even witht the mobile network turned off. I hope i answered your question.
    10-29-08 08:41 AM
    When I turn the cell radio off but leave wifi on I can send & receive BES email....
    10-29-08 08:50 AM
    When I turn the cell radio off but leave wifi on I can send & receive BES email....
    is it possible to do the same thing with BIS ?
    10-29-08 09:04 AM
    is it possible to do the same thing with BIS ?
    Both BES and BIS emails will be pushed to your inbox on WiFi.

So the answer to your question is yes. You can turn off your cellular radio and still recieve emails via WiFi. In fact, when you are connected to both, emails will be pushed through the WiFi connection to reduce cell data consumption.
    10-29-08 04:06 PM
    Both BES and BIS emails will be pushed to your inbox on WiFi.

So the answer to your question is yes. You can turn off your cellular radio and still recieve emails via WiFi. In fact, when you are connected to both, emails will be pushed through the WiFi connection to reduce cell data consumption.
    But you still NEED the BES/BIS data plan... it just pushes with the WiFi rather than your carriers cell towers... I believe the OP is wanting to get push email with NO data plan... and if that's the case then its no dice chicago
    10-29-08 04:27 PM
    Hi,

I m nt able to use push mails over Wi-Fi network.....I m able to browse but not able to use push mails...we have BES_EXP installed and approx 500 users configured on this server.

Please suggest, if any settings or policy need to be implemented..

Exploit
    01-03-12 10:51 PM
    If you mean if you can access push mail just using wifi without incurring cellular data plan, you can.

You need to already have a BES/BIS data plan.
    Turn off your mobile network but make sure you set data service on.

You can then access your push mails via wifi and save on cellular data charged. I do this whenever I am overseas to save roaming data charges

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-03-12 11:03 PM
    I have BES activated and tried to access push mails over Wi-Fi by turning off mobile network but couldn`t succeed.

Is any policy need to be implemented for this or should i check settings in Wi-fi router.

thanks ..exploit
    01-03-12 11:14 PM
    Yes you can! As long as you have the BIS service books, everything should be working
    03-29-15 04:50 AM
    Thread is 3 years dead. Nice work, the thread will live on.
    03-29-15 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD