Hey guys, long time reader first time poster. Hello

I have a somewhat psychotic ex GF who will NOT leave me alone. She has a BlackBerry, as do I. I have the latest version of BBM, .57 I believe, and I am using it on my 9700 running 5.0.0.442. I have deleted her as a contact, and set my phone to ignore future requests. Well, when she sends me a request now, I don't get it, but the little "unread message" icon appears. It is currently showing 13 unread messages, and it is irritating me. How can I fix this? Thanks! -Mike
    03-12-10 08:47 PM
    I believe she's sending you PIN messages, not BBM requests.

You go into your general message folder to see these PIN messages.
    The only way you can block them is to block ALL of them. I do this too, because of weirdos. I like being able to block people from BBM and not having to hear from them if I don't want to.

So block ALL PIN messages. Note: this does not affect your BBM messages or contacts, people will still be able to request you as a contact. Blocking PINs will just stop PIN messages (which are sent through the message folder, not your BBM) and so you shouldn't have this problem anymore.

Go to Security > Firewall. Set it to block PIN messages. Done!
    03-12-10 11:23 PM
    in the firewall, u should be able to set an advanced filter for ur ex's pin# to block just hers...

next time... pick a psycho gf with an iphone
    03-12-10 11:42 PM
    in the firewall, u should be able to set an advanced filter for ur ex's pin# to block just hers...

next time... pick a psycho gf with an iphone
    Are you sure you can do this?

Because from what I can see on the firewall, you can only block ALL PINs or none at all.

If you can block specific people please let me know, that would be awesome to do.
    03-13-10 08:21 PM
    In the firewall options you check mark pin messages then below it where it says "Except messages from" select your contacts. This will at very least allow who you want and block everyone else

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 11:03 PM
    I hate to say it, but it didn't work. I blocked all PIN messages, and she can still somehow get through. Currently my phone is showing 5 new BBM's, yet I have no active conversations, and nothing new is showing anywhere in any messages on the phone. It's getting extremely irritating, I don't want to get a new phone just to get a new PIN. Thanks for the help so far guys!
    03-15-10 11:09 PM

I have a somewhat psychotic ex GF who will NOT leave me alone.
    What the **** did you do to the poor girl? ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD