Hi , I am a dedicated BBM user, however, i have one problem with my BBM.
    When i am in mid-conversation on BBM, my text box freezes not showing me unless i highlight it which is irritating. the only way i can get it back to showing what i am typing is deleting the conversation and restarting again
    i was wondering why it goes this? also it can crash from time to time

any suggestions would be appreciated

(the BB has been doing this since new - April 2010)

thankyou
    06-10-10 12:41 PM
    What version of BlackBerry Messanger are you using? Is this with the 4.6 version, or with 5.0?
    06-10-10 12:46 PM
    What version of BlackBerry Messanger are you using? Is this with the 4.6 version, or with 5.0?
    how do i find that out sorry im new to all this
    06-10-10 12:50 PM
    It's no problem, if you go to the options screen, then advanced options, select applications, and there will be a list of all the applications that you have loaded on your 8900. Find BlackBerry Messanger, and there will be a number to the right, tell me what that number is please. It represents the build version of BBM.
    06-10-10 12:52 PM
    hiya, im running 5.0.0.57
    hope this helps

its so iritating having a conversation and it freezing all the time :@
    06-10-10 12:55 PM
    Ok, you're running the newest version that's available right now.

I would delete it, and then re-download it from App World.

Have you tried doing a battery pull? Sometimes when things start to act a little goofy, a battery pull will get things back on track. Keep your phone powered on, pull the battery out of the phone for about 30 seconds, and put it back in. See if that fixes the problem first.
    06-10-10 01:03 PM
    okay thanks i will do, i will let you know if it happens again after i have done all that
    thanks alot elvin
    06-10-10 01:07 PM
    No problem, hopefully the battery pull will do the trick for you...

Another thought, have you been properly closing out of applications once you're done with them? I've noticed that this is a problem that alot of people new to BlackBerry have, that they are never told the proper way to close out of apps. Whenever you're done with an application, DO NOT press the red "end" key, instead, either back out of the application using the "escape" (back arrow) key, or press Menu (BlackBerry key) and select close. This will make sure that you don't have any programs running in the background.

By pressing the red end key, it's kind of like minimizing a window on a Windows PC, you don't close out the program, you just hide it. You can access the programs that you have currently running by pressing and holding the alt key, and pressing the back button. This will bring up a window which will show you what programs you are currently running. Scroll over the desired application, and once it's highlighted, release the alt key, and that program will open.

If you have a bunch of applications open at one time, it can also cause your device to lag.
    06-10-10 01:14 PM
    omg no way i had things running which i havent used since i got the phone, thankyou so much that probably explains why my battery has been draining so quick aswell
    06-10-10 01:19 PM
    is there anything else i should be aware of about my blackberry hahaha
    06-10-10 01:27 PM
    omg no way i had things running which i havent used since i got the phone, thankyou so much that probably explains why my battery has been draining so quick aswell
    That would explain it for sure!

is there anything else i should be aware of about my blackberry hahaha
    There's alot of different stuff that you can learn to do on your BB, alot of it is learned thru trial and error.

Take a browse thru the BlackBerry 101 series. Some of these blogs are from a couple years ago, but they're just as relivant now as they were then, as the BB system is simply an evolution on the original BB OS.
    BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

This is one that I found especially helpful:
    BlackBerry 101 - Beginners Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts | CrackBerry.com

Here's the link to the Curve 8900 forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/

Also, browse around here on the forums, there's alot of information to gain from reading thru the threads that catch your eye. Everything I've learned about BlackBerry I've either gotten from here, or from personal experience. It's a fun ride, enjoy it!

Remember, we're always here to help. Welcome to CrackBerry!
    06-10-10 01:38 PM
    thanks alot i realllllllllllllllly appreciate it!!
    06-10-10 01:40 PM
    No problem, glad to help!
    06-10-10 01:44 PM
    thought id just let you know i sorted my BBM problem after i updated to the newer OS
    06-13-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD