Now, I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum or not, so if it is in the wrong forum you will tell me where to post this instead BUT PLEASE ACTUALLY HELP ME TOO. Don't just be all "this is in the wrong forummmm" because that is not helping and I will hunt you down.

ANYWAY. I got a BlackBerry Torch 9810 for Christmas and it's been pretty great. Up until a few days ago, that is. For about two/three days now, I haven't been able to use Twitter, Facebook or BBM.

When I try to refresh my twitter feed, it says "Twitter services are currently unavailable". I'm having similar problems with Facebook, which is saying "We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later. (100)". I'm not able to send or receive any messages on BBM whatsoever.

I've tried the usual taking the battery out and stuff, but nothing has helped.
    Any idea what's wrong? Any idea how to fix this because I go insane?
    Thanks.
    01-12-12 12:09 PM
    Try these steps, see if it helps. Options>Device>Advanced Settings>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now. This will re-register your device on the BlackBerry server.

Messages>Menu>Options>Email Account Management>Menu>Service Books>Send Service Books. This will resend the account service books to your device.

See if this helps. Also, make sure your data services are turned on.
    01-12-12 02:44 PM
    Try these steps, see if it helps. Options>Device>Advanced Settings>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now. This will re-register your device on the BlackBerry server.

Messages>Menu>Options>Email Account Management>Menu>Service Books>Send Service Books. This will resend the account service books to your device.

See if this helps. Also, make sure your data services are turned on.
    Twitter is working now! But I'm still having problems with Facebook and BBM. Any more ideas?

I'm thinking about just going into the T-Mobile store now. So annoyed though!

EDIT: And twitter has just died again! Omg.
    Last edited by lizawithaz; 01-12-12 at 03:36 PM.
    01-12-12 03:33 PM
    Well, I know that there is a Twitter API issue that could be causing some of the headaches. As far as Facebook and BBM is concerned I don't quite know why those would be giving you a hard time. When you did both of those steps I posted, did you get a message that said they were completed? The registration message should have come direct from BlackBerry and said your device is connected to the BlackBerry network (or something like that) and the service books one should say that your e-mail is setup and should start receiving in 20 minutes. Did you get those messages?

You were able to use Twitter, FB, and BBM prior to a couple days ago correct? What kind of phone did you have prior to the Torch?
    01-12-12 03:55 PM
    Actually, when I try to resend the service books, an error comes up: "Your device had a problem connecting to the server." So I never got any of them messages.

Yep, everything had been perfect until a few days ago. Also, I had a BB Curve before the Torch.
    01-12-12 04:07 PM
    Ok, that's probably where the problem lies, there is probably some sort of issue connecting with the BIS server. Here's what I'd recommend doing. I would pull the battery, turn off WiFi (if you have it on) and attempt to send the service books again, as well as re-host your routing table. If you do not get any of the confirmations after doing this, I would either go to T-Mobile, or call Tech Support. I would personally call Support because the majority of the people in the carrier stores are morons. Make sure you call from a different phone than your BB so that they can assist you in troubleshooting the device.

You're not connecting to the BIS server, which is the key to all things data on a BB. Don't worry, you'll be up and running again soon.
    01-12-12 04:17 PM
    Thanks Elvin, with your first reply (#2 post). Been looking everywhere for this advice, and it works! Your instructions were clean, clear, perfect.

If you ever, for security reasons, revoke your blackberry-for-twitter access/permission (in your settings on twitter.com) but want to re-authorize and but the app won't run in your BB (and mine's the great old curve), giving this "services currently unavailable" -- THIS advice, these two steps, work perfectly. No reinstalls or reboots were needed.
    THANK YOU.
    ~@TheGirlPie

I tweeted this and it mysteriously didn't post... hmmm.
    Last edited by TheGirlPie; 08-24-13 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Clarification of whom I was thanking.
    08-24-13 05:50 PM
    Elvin - would you have any idea why my BB9930 is not longer receiving Twitter push direct messages? About a week ago it happened. Now I have to either launch the twitter app or it will fetch them at the time intervals set in the app like every 10, 15, 30 minutes ect. I have tried deleting the twitter app, reinstalling it multiple times, pulling the battery, doing a hard reset and even doing a secure wipe of my 9900 and restoring from a backup I made last year. Strange this is twitter on my iPad gets push Direct Messages fine and so does the twitter app on my Mac. I can't figure this out. Is driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated!
    thx
    04-10-17 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD