Hello everyone,
    I got a huge problem: I watched like all of the tutorials on how to install BB os 6 on my 9700 Bold.
    now here's my problem: when I want to install it using DM it says not a BB user(or something like that).
    when I want to install it using my apploader it only shows my applications not my Operating systems or anything just my downloaden apps!
    I tries BBsak but it says it can't detect any devices while my BB is connected!

Please someone help me!
    01-25-11 01:30 AM
    Try restarting the computer, don't launch desktop manager, go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\ and delete the vendor.xml file and then launch BBSAK and click Load OS, select OS 6 from the list, then click Load OS. Remember, I suggest you strongly stick to what your most comfortable using or if you get those bugs, if any you panic after discovering, you'll be probably wanting to do a search case you cannot get it fixed or need to downgrade. Make sure you have the latest OS 5 device software installed from your carrier in the case you want to downgrade due to issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 03:18 AM
    First never on your DM when you are trying to install the os.

Secondly, restart comp. Reinstall rim on your computer if needed. I used to have the same problem with connection to phone using bbsak but solved by reinstalling the os.

01-25-11 03:51 AM
    First never on your DM when you are trying to install the os.

Secondly, restart comp. Reinstall rim on your computer if needed. I used to have the same problem with connection to phone using bbsak but solved by reinstalling the os.

Actually DM works on a lot of leaks, so its perfectly acceptable, it just loads Loader.exe.

Also you can launch/install via BB Boss.... but other wise follow RBs instructions.
    01-25-11 07:20 AM
    Basically make sure you delete the vendor file and use loader.exe rather than DM always works a treat for me
    01-25-11 08:30 AM
    I did every single step of all replies,
    nothing worked though.
    I restarted my computer reinstalled the OS deleted vendor everything BBsak won't detect my phone and apploader only shows me the apps and not the operating systems someone help me out again please
    01-25-11 09:49 AM
    i've had this problem once, erm try using a different usb port?

You may need to use bbsak and wipe the device then start from fresh, but back up first!
    01-25-11 10:34 AM
    I tried, still the same problem DANG why doesn't my BBSak or anything work...
    but how did you fix it cuz I tried like everything I can
    Last edited by nietjesman; 01-25-11 at 10:54 AM.
    01-25-11 10:52 AM
    Can someone please reply?
    How can I load/ see the operating systems in loader cuz mine only shows my downloaded apps/themes.
    I just have to know!
    Thanks alot everyone for helping me
    01-25-11 03:20 PM
    After you downloaded the new OS, did you install it on your PC by double clicking the downloaded file? Once you have done this BBSAK or BB Boss should detect the new OS. It's best to only have one OS installed at any one time. So check in control panel, progams to ensure this is the case. If not, uninstall the OS you don't want.
    01-25-11 05:05 PM
    After you downloaded the new OS, did you install it on your PC by double clicking the downloaded file? Once you have done this BBSAK or BB Boss should detect the new OS. It's best to only have one OS installed at any one time. So check in control panel, progams to ensure this is the case. If not, uninstall the OS you don't want.
    This, 10 fold!

01-25-11 07:15 PM
    I noticed that I had 2 OS's installed on my PC so I deleted 1 and BBsak detected my BB so I wiped my device and loaded OS 6!
    It worked! thanks alot everyone!
    01-26-11 10:24 AM
    Glad to help. Enjoy.
    01-26-11 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD