I downloaded BBM5 last night. it worked great at first.

but now for some reason, I am getting the messages that are sent to me, but my messages are not getting delivered.

anyone having the same problem? any solutions?
    07-19-09 06:12 AM
    Same problem here. Downgrading now.
    07-19-09 06:14 AM
    Me too. I don't know why, since I download and replace the bbm, all my 130 contacts were gone. Now once I added it one by one, I just realized that I cannot get back to the old bbm. Guess I just need to re-add the contacts

Anyway this new bbm seems laggy....lots of messages not delivered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 06:26 AM
    just fyi here guys...i've been using bbm 5 for 2 days, and no big issues at all..

1. send/rec msg ok, a delay maybe... just a network congestion
    2, avatar works fine, you just need to connect to bb contacts and the avatar will appear the same as in your bb contact list (highlight the contact on bbm, select contact info, highlight the contact pic, and link to bb contacts)
    3. send pics, files are ok..
    5. group chat ok...
    4. no memory leak whatsoever...

and i installed it over OTA at stormota.com for 1.3MB files and got BBM 5.0.8
    07-19-09 06:37 AM
    I hated more than anything that the contacts were now 2 lines. Made scrolling through them take forever.
    07-19-09 06:55 AM
    no problem on my 8900 though
    07-19-09 07:24 AM
    Do a couple battery pulls. I had the same problem and after a soft reset and then a battery pull it started working for me. Its very laggy though!

07-19-09 07:36 AM
    my BBM 5.0 worked flawlessy, just follow the step to fix BBM 5 issue on berrygadget.com
    07-20-09 07:48 AM
    Had a problem with BBM 5.008, but everything is working fine now, in fact, working very well.
    07-20-09 09:25 AM
    can someone send me the link for this because i tried to download it and my messenger is gone but it's on my desktop fine
    07-20-09 09:46 AM
    mine seems to be working well today...hope it stays this way, cuz goin back to 4.6 is like goin from broadband to dial up...its just not the same =/...

07-20-09 10:03 AM
    Mine is laggy as well, done one battery pull so far and still nothing. Going to try again.
    07-20-09 11:19 AM
    Guys, I found the problem I am having with BBM5.

when you install BBM5, it does not write it over the old BBM. You end up having 2 BBM software on your BB and this is the reason you hare having problems.

I deleted the old version and now BBM5 works fine.

The only issue I see is that for some people, BBM says unreachable, but the msgs are getting to them and back. so I think it is a minor bug.
    07-22-09 12:56 AM
    I havent downloaded 5.0 but it seems that most are having issues and lagging problems. Im really wondering if I should just wait it out.
    07-22-09 01:41 AM
    If you are having issue in sending and receiving pictures , don't send it from the media or from the cam after taking the pic , send it from the chat window by pressing the bb button then choose send a picture , tell the ppl who are sending to you as well
    10-29-09 05:50 PM
    I downloaded bbm5 last week. worked perfectly. haven't had any problem yet..the thing is i received a broadcast telling me that i can no longer change my display picture. even if i try changing it, its still the old DP that the contacts can see.

Is there anyone out there experiencing this?? Does anyone know why this happened??
    11-01-09 11:47 AM
    You received a broadcast from who? I'm having the same problem but didn't receive a broadcast.

11-01-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD