hi can anyone help i keep having problems with my blackberry messenger seems to be everytime my phone disconnects from wifi it affects my bbm by making it not send messages atall the red timer comes on and thats it wont move i have to do a battery pull in order to get it working again any ideas whats happening ?
    02-17-12 03:27 PM
    hi can anyone help i keep having problems with my blackberry messenger seems to be everytime my phone disconnects from wifi it affects my bbm by making it not send messages atall the red timer comes on and thats it wont move i have to do a battery pull in order to get it working again any ideas whats happening ?
    Happens on my 9360 as well, turn off the mobile network, then turn it back on. There is some issue with the phone not transferring over from WiFi to the carrier network. I've never had this issue on the 9300 although I think it is OS related.
    02-17-12 04:19 PM
    i have tried that i think turning all connections off then on again but doesnt seem to help
    02-17-12 04:23 PM
    HI,
    It could be a problem with your data plan, ring your network and see what they can do for you, explain bbm won't work, ask if your current data plan supports bbm, if not this is why! Wi-fi supports bbm but when it switches to your service carrier it may not! I had this problem and could not access bbm or app world but could when connected via wi-fi.

If worst comes to worst try re-installing bbm and set application permissions to allow for data OTA.
    02-17-12 04:24 PM
    its only recently this has been doing this im with three who seem ok ?
    02-17-12 04:26 PM
    Try re-installing BBM, setting permissions and go from there pal, if that fails ring Three and ask them, just to be sure... Worst case scenario contact blackberry support, you may have problems with your OS.
    Do other apps and the app world connect through your carrier? If so it sounds like an app fault.
    02-17-12 04:37 PM
    i also have kik which works fine all the time if i unistall bbm is there a way to store all my pins ?
    02-17-12 04:40 PM
    Yes, go into your bbm menu, click options, then scroll down till it says backup contacts, back them up locally to your SD card, you can restore them through options when you restore bbm.
    Hope this helps pal. Sounds like a bbm fault,maybe a missing file?
    02-18-12 10:32 AM
    Normally what I do is turn off Data Services in 'Mobile Network Options', then turn it back on & everything should work perfectly.
    02-19-12 10:38 AM
    hi soz for delay in replying but cant find where to uninstall the bbm m,essenger to reinstall it again it doesnt give u option to delete it ??? it keeps doing what i said in my first post driving me mad have to keep pulling battery out to make it work again
    02-22-12 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD