Ok, well I upgraded to 5.0 OS this afternoon, and its awesome. However, my BBM icon was missing and so was my APP world. I installed APP world, then when I went to install BBM 5.0, it said REINSTALL. So I figured this was a good thing.

After I downloaded it, it BBM 5.0 appeared on my homescreen with an ARCHIVE under it. I clicked it, and it said UNARCHIVE BBM? I figured it would work, so I hit yes. Then After a reboot, it disappeared. Nowhere to be found. I have now done this 3x.

Anyone know whats going on and how I can restore my BBM 5.0? Thanks so much.
    10-26-09 07:18 PM
    have you tried just deleting it completely from your device and download it again.
    10-26-09 07:27 PM
    I am having the same problem. I was on BBM 5.0 and just upgraded today to OS 5.0 and I can not find my BBM. Did the same thing, went to App World and it said to reinstall which I did but it is not on my phone. I did not get the Archive thing however
    10-26-09 07:30 PM
    same thing happened to me. Re installed Blackberry app world then tried to reinstall BBM. nothing. I deleted BBM all together then re-downloaded it. working with no issues now.
    10-26-09 07:33 PM
    This what I did: Options>Apps remove BBM u should have restart to remove. After reboot check for archive file, delete this reboot to remove. Then go to blackberry.com and d/l app from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 07:45 PM
    I just deleted BBM and then it told me to reboot which I did. I then re-installed BBM from the APP World and it still does not show up. My friends say my status is "available" and when they send me messages they say it confirms "delivered" but I am not receiving anything obviously because I don't have BBM being displayed
    10-26-09 07:48 PM
    sounds like it been a hidden file. do a batt pull to see if it works
    10-26-09 08:03 PM
    do not use app world to reinstall

go here

www.blackberry.com/messenger
    10-26-09 08:07 PM
    same here deleting now
    10-26-09 08:54 PM
    I've done all the things that have been mentioned. No luck at all. Any other ideas?
    10-27-09 12:06 AM
    Device wipe. Trust me
    Do a device wipe then download bbm from app world and it works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 12:18 AM
    Since I upgraded, when I try to click the view contact profile button at the bottom of the screen it'll scroll down to another contact all together?? Is there a fix for this?
    10-27-09 10:45 AM
    Since I upgraded, when I try to click the view contact profile button at the bottom of the screen it'll scroll down to another contact all together?? Is there a fix for this?
    I have posted the same question. All I am getting is "me too's". No fix that I know of yet. It will i am sure be a BBM 5 update. yeah
    10-27-09 11:21 AM
    Ok, well I upgraded to 5.0 OS this afternoon, and its awesome. However, my BBM icon was missing and so was my APP world. I installed APP world, then when I went to install BBM 5.0, it said REINSTALL. So I figured this was a good thing.

After I downloaded it, it BBM 5.0 appeared on my homescreen with an ARCHIVE under it. I clicked it, and it said UNARCHIVE BBM? I figured it would work, so I hit yes. Then After a reboot, it disappeared. Nowhere to be found. I have now done this 3x.

Anyone know whats going on and how I can restore my BBM 5.0? Thanks so much.
    I upgraded mine from .323 and had no issues but when i upgraded my girlfriend's last night from the previous official Verizon OS release (she did have the official 5.0 bb messenger) I had the same problem. I removed it completely and deleted the archive, rebooted, then tried to install. Every time i would reboot i would only see the archived icon. I finally decided to plug mine in and used BBSAK to pull my CODs and then installed them manually on her phone. Rebooted and sure enough the icon was there and everything worked. Don't think this is the best way to fix the problem but nothing else was working at the time. Just thought I'd share. Good Luck!
    10-27-09 11:43 AM
    Update: Downloading from the website instead of from the App center ended up working for me. Hopefully it will work for others having this problem. Thanks Howarmat for helping with that.
    10-27-09 12:56 PM
    Here is what worked for me. I had tried everything in this post - archive, unarchive, delete, reinstall from app world... nothing. What worked was after I reinstalled from app world, it was still missing. I then installed from the link someone posted above over the app world install. It asked me about replacing like for like and I said yes. It worked. Icon showed up and running fine.

This same process worked with Windows Live messenger and Facebook. Had exactly the same issues. Had to delete each app through app world, then reinstall, then reinstall from URL links over the top of the app world installs.

Now, can someone tell me why my screen fades to blank and won't come back unless I either a) turn off my phone (sometimes works) or b) battery pull.
    10-27-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD