I'm having a problem with BBM and this OS. I get the little notification that I got a new BBM message but when I go to BBM I don't see it. I have to go to BBM options and click or unclick 'Show Chats in Messages Application' to see new messages in BBM. I have wiped and reloaded both numerous times and it still happens. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix for this. Thank you for your time in reading and trying to help me.

George
    11-09-10 03:08 PM
    I'm having a problem with BBM and this OS. I get the little notification that I got a new BBM message but when I go to BBM I don't see it. I have to go to BBM options and click or unclick 'Show Chats in Messages Application' to see new messages in BBM. I have wiped and reloaded both numerous times and it still happens. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix for this. Thank you for your time in reading and trying to help me.

George
    go check your "Message" icon to see if there is anything there...i usually just do a battery pull..that always does the trick..
    11-09-10 03:55 PM
    I've done numerous battery pulls as well. The problem is that the messages don't want to show in BBM with out a fight and my groups have not come back nor can I join any. It gives me and error message that it can't create group.
    11-09-10 07:11 PM
    Probably the best bet is to back your BBM up remotely and locally and then delete it and reload from scratch. See if that works?
    11-10-10 12:04 PM
    I did remotely. Did a few deletes and fresh installs. I have wiped the phone and even tried reinstalling over.
    11-10-10 12:40 PM
    one question: do you have your sms from your blackberry contacts set to show up in BBM? that could be the alert that you are seeing?
    11-11-10 12:12 PM
    No, its the BBM icon on main screen not the one that looks like an envelope or cloud.
    11-11-10 01:00 PM
    I'm having the same problem. When I get a BBM notification, nothing shows up except for groups in the BBM app. I have to go to the messages screen to see any notifications such as messages or requests. I also don't have the full options I would normally have.

Same software as mentioned. BB Storm2. Any suggestions?
    12-02-10 07:54 PM
    Have you scrolled up from the contact list? It could simply be a request (e.g. a new contact or a group request), which isn't visible unless you check the area above your current chats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 11:55 PM
    Hi ,

Does anybody know how to fix problem with Circuit / Channel ? !!!

When I upgrade to version 5.0.0.1015 this problem appears. I've downgraded it to 713 and works ok as always !!!
    01-10-11 07:59 AM
    I'm having the same issue, I won't get the light notification but I'll have the icon on my home screen that I have a new message, sometimes I'll see the new message in the preview but when I open it its not there. Also, when I restart my phone my contacts are gone but I can find them if I search. I restore a backup and then they're back. I've reinstalled BBM and the problem went away for a day and then came back.
    I'm glad I'm not having the only issue.
    I'm using BBM 5.0.1.41 on a Bold 9000 running OS 5.0.0.1049
    01-11-11 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD