I'm an T-Mobile UK user, I've bought Bold 9700 from US with AT&T. My SIM card is already opened for BB Service and BIS is connected.

I have problem when I want to add friends' PIN to BB Messenger. I can add everyone who lives in the UK, but I cannot add anyone from outside the UK in my case the US and Thailand. When I talked to them they received my request and they already accepted the request but the contact on both sides still in "Pending". I've tried it many times by delete pending contact on both sides and add it again, reboot the phone and add it again, even re-install the BB Messenger itself but it's still not working.

Moreover, when I scan a group barcode from my friend in the US the status said "Waiting for response" and I can't join the group. But if I scan a group barcode (same group) from my friend in the UK I can join the group. Once I joined the group when I send messages my US and Thai friends can see my messages even though my contact still in their pending, but I can't see their messages.

Does anyone know what's wrong and how to solve it? Please, I hit the wall now I don't know what to do to solve it.
    01-14-10 08:23 AM
    try me. I am located in Cologne. Pin 216734E0
    01-14-10 08:40 AM
    I have similar problems since I wiped my phone due to i wanted to reset all settings and make sync with outlook work.

I get an invite from a previous group I belonged to and I can see the one invite me but cannot see the rest of the group members.

1. I tried scanning the barcode - same issue
    2. by invite - same issue

The other contacts in the group can see me but when I send a message only the one how invited me can see the message.

What I did was recreating a group and invite the same members. That worked, but the old groups with which I belonged to previously does not work.

All my contacts are local (actually in the same city) and we all use same provider. I tried to hard boot (pull battery) but also same issue.

Since most of my BBM contacts are due to work I refrain from wiping my phone again.....

Any creative solutions which may help?

Best Regards,

MB
    01-14-10 08:52 AM
    What version of BBM are you on? It might help to upgrade or downgrade it, see if the same problem occurs. More information can be found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/ (especially some of the links in the first sticky are useful)
    01-14-10 09:07 AM
    Right now I'm using 5.0.0.57 and I tried to downgrade it to 4.7 the problems still occur
    01-14-10 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD