I installed the new OS on my Bold last week. I noticed now that anytime I try and play a movie on my phone (had no problems before OS update), an error message pops up saying unsupported or unrecognized format. Can anyone help or should I just reinstall the previous OS version?

Thanks
    08-25-10 05:04 PM
    I am having the same problem and have yet to find any solutions.

Thanks
    08-25-10 08:17 PM
    which format are you using?
    08-25-10 11:52 PM
    which format are you using?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

The movies are avi and mp4 format.

08-26-10 01:30 AM
    Here's a better way to transfer your video/music/ect...

Steps to take.
    1. Connect you BB to your PC & Open your DM.(Leave it connected and open until your done with file trnsfr)
    2. Select My Computer
    3. Under "Device with Removable Storage", Select "BLACKBERRY (F: )"
    4. Open the folder called BlackBerry.
    5. Open the folder called Video/Music/Ringtones/Picture.
    6. Finally just drag and drop the files to the proper folder (Music/Video/Ringtones/Pictures).

08-26-10 01:46 AM
    I think you may be confusing the problem. The media player will not work for both audio and/or video. It has nothing to do with downloading files to the blackberry from your computer.

Trying to listen or view over the air or via wifi is the problem.

John
    08-26-10 08:15 AM
    I think you may be confusing the problem. The media player will not work for both audio and/or video. It has nothing to do with downloading files to the blackberry from your computer.

Trying to listen or view over the air or via wifi is the problem.

John
    here a problem I found out about DM6. Most of the video doesn't work like the error you mention and second the audio has 4-6 second delay. That's why try loading your video/music that way first. If it doesn't work, then its the hybrid your using.

Videos doesn't play while your in the wifi connected.

08-26-10 12:11 PM
    cool...ty guys..I'll try that!
    08-29-10 03:41 PM
    I installed the new OS on my Bold last week. I noticed now that anytime I try and play a movie on my phone (had no problems before OS update), an error message pops up saying unsupported or unrecognized format. Can anyone help or should I just reinstall the previous OS version?

Thanks
    This is a problem with 5.0.0.822. The best option is to go back to .681, as .822 is known to have sound and media issues, lots of them.
    08-30-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD